Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. D R
    Hey, odd question, but does anyone recognize this icon? It just showed up today and does not appear to do anything. This phone has had no patches applied.

Wasn't that the original icon for Precorder?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    no idea
    Luna Reboot maybe? I have no idea
    I discovered this icon yesterday. Won't open when tapped. Not listed in registry. Figured out how to delete, now gone. strange.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D R View Post
    Hey, odd question, but does anyone recognize this icon? It just showed up today and does not appear to do anything. This phone has had no patches applied.

I believe that's the default icon that appears when an app is either improperly/incompletely installed and/or is incompletely removed. Have you recently had an install and/or removal stalled?
    it has showed up on my phone twice as a pending download that never finishes.I was able to delete it once but the 2nd time it stayed there until I had to doctor the phone for other reasons and hasn't come back yet
    I believe that's a generic app that's included as part of the SDK. The dot on the icon indicates the app is in the process of downloading.
    Same thing happened to me after I downloaded JSTop from preware. I just restarted the phone and it went away.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i think its definitely something that has to do with an incomplete install of an app.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i dont think so because after an update alot of my apps got this moon icon instead of their normal icon. all apps work 100% fine
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Funny, my wife's iPhone did that once. Not the moon icon, but an iPhone App that was not successfully downloaded. I wonder if there are some common Webkit codes that got into both of them.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I got it last night when I dowloaded clear card(don't ask why, lol). But it disapear after deleting the app.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    i use launchpoint for my favorites from my contacts and when someone changes their facebook profile pic i get that icon where their fb profile pic used to be. i think the earlier response by someone was correct. it must be some kind of default icon when the object has changed or doesn't exist.
    The moon is just a default icon for an app that doesn't have one of it's own.
  16. D R
    Interesting. I thought it was bizzare that it randomly appeared, but at least it doesn't seem to be anything to be concerned about.

The night before I noticed the icon, I downloaded the Shakespearean insult generator and Palm video apps. Both are gone now (as neither were worth keeping, although it was fun to hurl one liners at my girlfriend that involved the word "cod-piece"). Additionally, neither of those apps stalled during installation.

Well, thanks people for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    The moon is just a default icon for an app that doesn't have one of it's own.
    I think this was the same conclusion reached on another previous thread about the same thing.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Looks like an old icon version of the Palm App 'Express Horoscopes' stuck in a failed download to me.
    that's the icon for express horoscopes ...and it's like that cuz either the downloading/iinstallation is paused or it's in progress.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    thats the package manager service icon and is supposed to be hidden
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast