Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    From the Verizon Wireless site:

Multitasking

Twice the touch. Dual Touch capabilities on the Palm Pre give you the ability to touch two areas of the screen at once to cut your typing time in half. How does Dual Touch work for you? Well, for example, you can press and hold the shift key with one finger while you select a letter to capitalize with the other and voila! Capitalized letters without all the hassle!

Huh?

As I started to read I thought, ok, they accidentally mixed up the description for multitasking with multi-touch. But then I read the description and was scratching my head. Dual Touch? Holding down the shift key on the keyboard while typing another key gives you a captalized letter -- uh -- that's not even on the screen and more importantly, how is that a feature?

How to see this on Verizon's web site:

1. Go to Palm Pre Plus from Verizon Wireless
    2. Click features in the left navigation pane, then Palm Synergy. After a few seconds a square pane will open up on the right hand side with the title "Palm Synergy". Inside that pane are 3 subheadings "Linked Contacts", "Combined Messaging", and "Multitasking" (why multitasking is listed as a feature of Synergy is beyond me).
    3. The description under multitasking looks correct in this pane and there is even an animation of the Pre Plus switching between apps. But then go ahead and click on the word 'Multitasking" once it appears. Afterwards the right pane reappears with the wackiest most confusing description of multi-tasking I have ever seen.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlopin; 02/08/2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error; re-ordered paragraphs; made instructions to get to marketing text clearer
    verizon knows next to nothing about the pre so im not surprised
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Haha, the description does not make sense to me either. How does holding the shift key, below the screen, and pressing a key to capitalize it constitute as dual touch as described above? By capitalizing the letter per the instructions, you never touch the screen!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I just sent feedback to the Verizon Wireless web site. Let's hope they fix this.

I sent feeback last week about how a link to the Pre Plus was pointing to the Pixi Plus and they haven't fixed that yet.

Prior to that I sent feedback on how their Palm Pre emulator had the contacts icon pointing to the calendar app and they did fix that, so there is hope.
    ha, sounds like they copy/pasted it from a different phone unless 1.4 has a virtual "dual touch" keyboard :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    maybe theyre coming out with the pre plus plus (now with Virtual Keyboard Hack via Preware!!)
    Could they be talking about the Palm Current? Pre-Current-Post...
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Not to mention you don't need to hold the shift key for caps anyway. You press it once for one capital letter and twice for caps lock.
    Regardless, that's just bad copy. Even if that was a legitimate feature, I'd be bummed on it.
    i think they're trying to descript touching the gesture area plus C or V to copy paste
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I think they fixed it now...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    i think they're trying to descript touching the gesture area plus C or V to copy paste
    I don't think so. Give it a re-read. They believe this 'feature' is to capitalize letters.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I think they fixed it now...
    I just checked. They haven't changed it.

You might be looking at the first pane that correctly describes multitasking as "With the ability to switch easily between different screens, Palm Pre Plus lets you keep multiple applications open and running at once."

But when you click on the word 'multitasking' you'll get taken to the text described in this thread.
    I don't understand why you all are so confused. This is pure unadulterated V marketing. They figured out an angle to play and now they're playing it. Dual touch capabilities? That is their marketing speak. They're looking for something simple that will make potential buyers say 'WOW'.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I don't understand why you all are so confused. This is pure unadulterated V marketing. They figured out an angle to play and now they're playing it. Dual touch capabilities? That is their marketing speak. They're looking for something simple that will make potential buyers say 'WOW'.
    I am all for the marketing team getting creative. The term 'Dual Touch' probably sounds really cool to a smartphone newbie. But look at the actual feature they are describing. It has nothing to do with WebOS, or the touchscreen for that matter!

It sounds like a feature of a typewriter: "Look, now you can capitalize letters using the keyboard's shift key!"

This is an epic FAIL.
    +1
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Remember they're marketing this phone to "moms" who know nothing about any of this. They really might not know that you can capitalize letters. I'm sure they know about the mirror though.

What a disaster... Like a previous poster said... This is an EPIC FAIL (Brought to you by using the shift ket)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Dual Touch is a feature of the Blackberry Storm 2, exclusive to Verizon. Someone mixed up the discriptions.
    It looks like they fixed now. Just went to the page and everything seems to be correct.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Dual Touch is a feature of the Blackberry Storm 2, exclusive to Verizon. Someone mixed up the discriptions.
    You are right! Mystery solved. I just googled 'dual touch storm' and found this:

BlackBerry Storm 2 from Verizon Wireless - Dual Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast