Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Just read an article on the HTC Incredible. Seeing all these new phones with great hardware makes me a little worried. Does Palm have the money to keep up with the Joneses? What if there is no Pre2 and Sprint ends up getting the Pre+ in June? I finally found a new OS I love. I dont want to leave it because the hardware is not as great. I guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope Palm has an ace up their sleeve. What is your ONE absolute feature the next Palm phone must have for you to stick around another year?
    Coffee Maker.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    vcr player
    This signature for rent
    a keyboard
    bluray player. Nah a faster cpu and more ram would be nice.
    too many, bigger screen, visual voicemail, voice dialing, on screen keyboard, faster processor, more ram, auto focus, digital compass, many many more.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    microSDXC slot. Expandable/removable storage that can theoretically take it up to 2TB. Heck, I could fit most of my music collection onto a 64GB SDXC card. Palm could market the Pre2 like crazy to tout its value proposition of a removable battery + "upgradable storage" (making it a particular point to criticize Apple's requirement to purchase a new device to gain more storage space).

SDXC - SD Card Association
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    i'd be kind of disappointed, but i have a great phone as is so it wouldn't make me upset. if anything i'd just consider a candybar touchscreen when my upgrade is due at the end of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    a keyboard
    This. Portrait, specifically.

I intend to stay with webOS for the long run, and am satisfied with the current form factor of the Pre. While more memory would be nice, I am pretty sure it's a given since at a minimum the plus will come to Sprint. I don't want a slab or candybar phone, so, form will determine whether I upgrade to a new model or stick with what I have.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    First I've heard of the HTC Incredible, but it looks like it's pretty much the same as the Supersonic that is supposedly coming to Sprint.
    smaller screen and no wimax so nothing like it
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Good question. I'm on my second Pre which has thus far been pretty solid. I think I would like to see implementation of the GPU and additional RAM, at a minimum what the current Pre+ has. I'm really happy with the phone so I will not need very much convincing to stick around.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    smaller screen and no wimax so nothing like it
    I guess I didn't read the article very carefully. Physically, it does look very similar though. I now see it only has 256 MB of RAM. I believe I read the Supersonic will have 1 GB.
    I think Palm has proved they are here to stay and will compete pretty competitively against other big phone makers. I would expect the pre 2 to have equal or better hardware then whats coming out now.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The Pre2 has to have at least 480x800 resolution. Anything less will be unacceptable. They also need to get a faster processor, and perhaps 1GB of RAM.
    aluminum and glass build micro sd(or 32 gig on-board) slot and a keyboard no sliding parts. faster processor and ram. But web os is an absolute gem i love where it's going. Just a little bit more solid build. and docking capabilities.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Treo form factor with WebOS. Big screen is a must.
    How about, faster CPU, more RAM, with 4G and a better battery to go with it that will last pretty long time! xD Thank you verDy much!
    Hardware that is up to par with the iPhone/Blackberry/Nexus One build quality. I can do without a physical keyboard, but I want a VKeyboard, which makes it much easier to type one handed.

I am little bit worried about the Pre's battery life next year when I am going to be away from a charger for extended periods of time. Gonna start carrying extra batteries.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Im hoping for a much better battery too. I have to put my phone in airplane mode at work cause the reception is not that good and cause my battery to go dead by the time I get off. Anyone remember how good Sanyo reception was on their phones? Why cant other manufactures duplicate that?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast