Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iPhone OS and iTunes compatibility.

Just kiddin'. There is no ONE thing that Palm has to do to keep up. You've got screen resolution, storage, build quality and processor as just basics. Anything less and they look like they skimped again. When Palm released the Pre with 8GB of storage, the iPhone was selling with 32GB. It was pitiful. RIM has lost market share by doing the same Palm did with the Treos - making 13 versions of the same basic hardware with different designs and minimal updates under the hood. Palm might have one more shot at this and it better be darn great and out by May.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    bigger screen 3.7..,front and back camera,finger print recognition, supper thin carbon fiber, 1.5 ghz.xm radio...and a longer lasting battery
    The chip powering the Pre made its way into the iPhone 3GS a few months later, and into the Droid nearly six months later.

The chip powering the Pixi is debuting in the Motorola Devour sometime next month--four months after the Pixi launched on Sprint.

Notice a pattern? Palm hasn't struggled at all in their efforts to embrace new hardware and to launch devices that use it. There isn't any reason to expect that things will suddenly be different. There's also a disturbing tendency to assume that WebOS is somehow running on outdated hardware when that isn't the case at all. The Pre and Pixi remain state-of-the-art devices that were well ahead of the competition.
    a dual core A9 cortex cpu along with 512mb ram would be amazing. That's all I want from palm
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    What is your ONE absolute feature the next Palm phone must have for you to stick around another year?
    I'll just keep my Pre until it stops working and decide what to get at that point in time.
    software issues can be improved with update. And Pre's hardware is sure capable of those.

there are things Pre 2 can have that attracts me, includes : front camera, projector, higher resolution.

RAM and CPU is a sure thing that I would be surprised if Pre 2 doesn't have them.

screen size is a double edge sword, at this time, I still don't like a 3.7" screen. It's way too big IMHO.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    If the y make it slightly bigger, mabe we can get a bigger battery and and amoled screen which whould also save some battery...Im all about battery life and better reception
    For me its kind of like this. I don't care about the size of the phone but i'm a sucker for bigger screen. So if the next pre doesn't have at least a 3.7" screen and improved built quality I'm probably picking up the Supersonic then.
    I think I'll just see what's available by July. If there is a Pre2 that measures up to the promise that the Supersonic does, then I'll definitely jump to it. Otherwise I'll probably go to the Supersonic (unless there's a great phone w/keyboard by then).

In other words, I'm a serial phone upgrader, and I'll assess what's the best phone as of July.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Better processor...dual core would be nice... or more RAM.
    I would like the battery to last 4 hours for video playback. This would mean the battery would last 8 hours or more for heavy internet, voice, EAS, and SMS/MMS use.

If I had to choose a second feature for the Pre II, it would be a UI that is as fast as the Motorola Droid. The current Droid's UI really makes the original Pre look like a escargot.

P.S. I had hoped both of the features were on the original Pre.
    How about some perspective my overly stimulated posters. Uh, nevermind. Can't find that on this forum.

I'm not concerned about what Palm will deliver in a Pre 2 b/c I'll still be hanging with the Pre Plus. I don't think that they'll be behind the comp. I just hope that they don't do a 6 month exclusive with Sprint. I'd be ok with a 3 month exclusive but that is it. Like it or not, Palm doesn't need Sprint the way they did in June of 2009.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    How about some perspective my overly stimulated posters. Uh, nevermind. Can't find that on this forum.

I'm not concerned about what Palm will deliver in a Pre 2 b/c I'll still be hanging with the Pre Plus. I don't think that they'll be behind the comp. I just hope that they don't do a 6 month exclusive with Sprint. I'd be ok with a 3 month exclusive but that is it. Like it or not, Palm doesn't need Sprint the way they did in June of 2009.
    If you don't care about what the pre 2 has in store then why does a 6 month exclusive Sprint deal bother you?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    If you don't care about what the pre 2 has in store then why does a 6 month exclusive Sprint deal bother you?
    B/c exclusive deals like the one Palm did with Sprint ultimately ends up hurting Palm and the people on larger networks that would be interested in purchasing a Palm phone but they don't want to switch. 6 months on THAT network just sucks the life out of the momentum that Palm has.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Id want more memory and a huge screen... Also more ram!!!
    Bigger screen would be nice and sturdier hardware. Bigger screen is much better for playing games. I personally don't have any issues with hardware still using from the launch day, but listening to people who do have issues with it....this would fix it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Bigger screen which would make room for a larger battery. Do not change how the keyboard slides out the bottom.

Absolutely 4G
    A really good upgrade without overdoing it would include...

-3.5 in AMOLED screen
    -1GHZ Processor
    -512MB RAM
    -4G
    -Digital Compass abilities
    -5MP camera
    -Glass screen (if possible with curved designed)
    -Teflon coating on screen
    -Bigger battery
    -Sturdy build quality

... all the rest is software based
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    not that it's gonna happen, but palm would blow the doors off everything if they soaked up one of these experimental battery companies and threw in some new battery with insane battery life
    I'm thinking a better build, with a beefier processor, some sort of SD slot, and maybe a better screen. Everything else would follow.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast