webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > email inbox has a yellow triangle with! In it
email inbox has a yellow triangle with! In it

Old 02/07/2010, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

does anyone know what it means. I am getting email but have to do manually
treogolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2010, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Had the same thing twice. I reset my phone, but it was still there. If you check you online mailbox status bar near the top, it will be probably tell you that one or more mailboxes hasn't been updated since yesterday, even though you can manually get mail. I tried deleting the mail account, and adding it back.......that worked the first time for a short while, but not the second time it happened.

I called tech support, and they said they would get back to me in a few days. Meanwhile, the account just started working again by itself. No problems now.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2010, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Is it a gmail account? If so you probably have a threaded conversation that is buggering it up. You will need to archive that conversation to correct this issue. That is the only fix that I have found so far.

Typically has occurred once the message has been threaded around 9 times.
gtstang462002#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2010, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

In my case it was 1 of my 2 Verizon email accounts....the strange part was the other Verizon account always worked perfectly, as did my Gmail account.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2010, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've had the issue in the past. In my case it was a corrupted email. If it is gmail, one solution is to create a folder in gmail and move your emails (as many days back as you can remember your email working) into that folder. That is the solution that worked for me.
robjulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2010, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

It is a comcast.net account. Not sure what going on. If I tap it is says it has not updated since 1/31/10.
treogolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2010, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Generally a Yellow triangle means warning, while an exclamation means attention. I'd waver a guess that something went wrong.

Try deleting the account and re-adding it.
alex.dobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2010, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
Generally a Yellow triangle means warning, while an exclamation means attention. I'd waver a guess that something went wrong.

Try deleting the account and re-adding it.

-- Please don't delete your email account and re-ad (no offense Alex)!! It will solve nothing. I have been able to get the dreaded yellow triangle to go away.

Whatever POP/IMAP account you are using, simply login to the main account and delete unwanted, suspicious, SPAM emails, etc. and make sure you empty your trash, bulk mail folders as well. In my case, I had multiple phony "Mailer-Daemon" failure notices and unsolicited emails in my inbox on the server.

Next sync your inbox on the Pre in the specific affected folder (not via All Folders). That SHOULD do the trick.

If you are having difficulty figuring out where the email(s) is/are (some people have hundreds a day), try limiting the amout of emails that are diplayed on the Pre first. Heck, start with 1 day, then 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, etc. until you can pinpoint when the triangle begins to show.

Not sure if it's a cureall, but it worked for me -- and I was struggling with this for several days!!!

God Bless,
John
sodajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Cantaffordit

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0