Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    This might be a long, however this is a mystery and I just don't understand whats going on. I've seeing different behavior between my Pre and others. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Over the past several months I've tried to connect to my networked PCs with my PalmPre. I've tried to use the various 3rd party media remotes, I've tried to connect to a local web server, etc. I've never been able to use any of these services on my Pre unless I use port forwarding and connect via the outside internet vs local. I always get the "error loading page" message. Today I tried using a songbird web remote to control media on my networked PC. For example (using wifi) I'm trying to connect to a machine using my ip and a port (example http://175.168.0.10:123) and i get the error message on my pre. I've always just assumed it was some firewall issue or something with my PCs and not my Pre. Because, I'm able to go to my D-link routers setup page with no problem, just not a networked PC.

Now here is the mystery!!

For some reason today for the first time I decided to test my wifes pre. I went to the Songbird service via IP and port and I was able to connect with no issue. So now I know its a problem with my Pre and not my network or my PCs or anything else. 100% Pre problem!! I have no idea why my Pre would be any different than my wifes.

My Pre is for sure on the network. Because I can navigate to my routers setup page via its IP and I can ping my Pre's IP address from any PC on my network. I can even see my Pre as connected on my Dlink routers config page.

I've even "revoked" my Wife's Pre's IP address and assigned it to mine in my router's setup page, however even with her IP address I'm not able to navigate to these networked services.

This is a mystery to me. Any ideas. I have no other issues with my pre so I would rather not wipe it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I did some digging into both Pres...I cant see any difference in any settings or anything. I don't get why one can connect and one cant.
    The machine address is probably getting blocked or in shorthand the 'MAC' address.

Sounds like a stuck cache somewhere.

If you unplug your router and leave it off for 60 seconds, that might help. Not just ten seconds, believe it or not, it can store info for seconds after you unplug a device. A full minute should make it for sure.

Also, clear out all your tables on the PC.

Did you test this with the firewall on your PC off, do you get through with it off. I'm talking the PC not the router.

If you are still getting blocked with your firewall on the PC, check what your virus software is doing.

What do yo have installed?

More info on what you have, a PC or a MAC, what virus software, what firewall, what router?

More info, and maybe it will easier for everyone to help if they can.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply Rob. Later tonight I'll try unplugging the router and see if that helps.

I've tried hosting various web applications on multiple PCs to try and isolate the problem. I've tried turning off all virus and firewall software as well. I've even tried hosting a service on a clean virtual machine and that doesn't work. The most interesting thing is my wife's Pre connects fine in all situations, only my Pre cant connect. I have no other issues at all with my Pre.

I've tried things on all windows machines, no Macs. Vista, Win7, Windows Server 2008 and 2005.

Also, what do you mean by "clear out all your tables on the PC." ?

Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I unplugged the router for a few minutes, however the issue remains. I'm still able to navigate to my router on my Pre, just not the web service I'm running on a local PC. My wifes Pre can navigate to the site with no problem.

Is there any ideas of a setting I could change on my Pre?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I also just tried clearing my Pre's browser cache, cookies, and history.

I also just compared my Pre's settings to my wifes and they are all the same.

I do have a couple patches installed that she does not have, but none they have anything to do with the browser or network.

Running out of ideas.

Thanks.
    By chance have your ever used My Tether? I had a similar problem and it turned out that the "USBNet" setting had to be disabled for my Pre to communicate with my local network.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilepalm View Post
    By chance have your ever used My Tether? I had a similar problem and it turned out that the "USBNet" setting had to be disabled for my Pre to communicate with my local network.
    I sure am using MyTether. My wife has never installed it, which would explain why my Pre is only having this issue. I wont be able to test it out until I get home, but that sounds like the issue.

Thanks for the tip! I'll disable USBNet and post back tonight.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    SUCCESS!!! I disabled USBNet in MyTether and everything works perfectly now. To think I've had this issue for months...

Thanks mobilepalm for the tip.