Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I finally got my Palm Pre+ and I love it! It was everything I hoped it would be. My wife got the Pixi+ too.

    We love them. The only issue is the battery life, but it's not too bad.

    The phone is useful and easy to use and the UI is the best I've ever seen on a smart phone. Period.

    Exploring more features - thanks to Precentral and the forums for all the tips too!
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

    Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
  2. #3  
    If battery is an issue go for one of the 1400 mah batteries. Size matches original battery and you get anywhere from 15-20% more battery life. Worth the $31 easily.
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    We love them. The only issue is the battery life, but it's not too bad.

    Make sure to check out this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html
  4. #5  
    make sure you check out preware and homebrew apps
  5. #6  
    Awesome glad you like the phones

    You kinda learn to live with the battery - one option is to buy a bigger battery as mentioned above, but I prefer to buy an extra battery and an external battery charger - that way you always have as much battery as you need, so long as you keep one charging while the other is in use

    I realize this seems expensive, but me and my Pre were falling out of love because of the battery issues. Getting a spare battery & a charger saved our relationship
  6. #7  
    Welcome!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    If battery is an issue go for one of the 1400 mah batteries. Size matches original battery and you get anywhere from 15-20% more battery life. Worth the $31 easily.
    +10
  8. #9  
    welcome, make sure u get preware
  9. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #10  
    you guys do know that the palm centro batteries are the exact same as the palm pre batteries right..? and you get them for a fraction of the price of the black covered pre
    battery.

    I have 1 spare battery with me all the time, if you need some here's some on ebay for way cheap

    2 PALM OEM CENTRO 685 690 TREO 800 800W PRE BATTERY - eBay (item 320465399461 end time Feb-19-10 00:31:07 PST)
  10. #11  
    That's been a point of mystery since day 1. Sedio and Palm say they're not the same, but they haven't done a very good job saying how they differ. Keep the Palm battery in case you ever need to bring it back for warranty work.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    you guys do know that the palm centro batteries are the exact same as the palm pre batteries right..? and you get them for a fraction of the price of the black covered pre
    battery.

    I have 1 spare battery with me all the time, if you need some here's some on ebay for way cheap

    2 PALM OEM CENTRO 685 690 TREO 800 800W PRE BATTERY - eBay (item 320465399461 end time Feb-19-10 00:31:07 PST)
    You saved my day! Thanks a lot.
  12. #13  
    palm states that the centro battery is not compatible with the pre, but it seems folks on here have been using them with no problems.

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Replace the battery on a Pre
  13. #14  
    Welcome!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  14. WOPR's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #15  
    dude, again, preware. awesome.
  15. 1PTUser's Avatar
    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #16  
    Centro batteries in use since June '09 without issues.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions