Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Out of curiousity...I wanted to ask

Had any Palm Pre Plus(or maybe even Palm Pre) noticed a delay in receiving texts compared to your last device before getting the Pre Plus/Pre?

Coming from an Android Device(Moto Droid & Eris), I would see occasional delays in the text I would get but that was more of the application.

However, it seems like with my pre...I often have to resend the text multiple times.

at first, I copped it up to signal strength and the area i'm in.

True...Where I live is a little rural...But I also have a network extender that I got from VZW and it has helped incredibly with my signal...I went from 1 bar(If i was lucky) before having it to 3(the least)-5(the usual) after buying it and my eris and droid would have maybe a minute between me sending the text, it going to the person and receiving it back from them.

I've even went to other cities(Raleigh, NC...AC, NJ & Philadelphia) and noticed the delays are still there even without a network extended and being in "perfect coverage"

I've tried sending myself a text and noticed delays...

I was just curious had you noticed this with your pre plus or pre?

It's my first thread so I hope I didn't recycle a thread

and excuse any typos....
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Sounds like carrier, possibly? I never had verizon so I wouldn't know. I manage the phone accounts for my employer and we also use nextel. Text messages on that carrier are horrid. You're better off writing the message with pen & paper and sending it via pony express.
    Neither my wife or I have had that problem on our phones. In fact sending/receiving messages is much quicker than any phone I've had before. If I text someone it seems they receive the message within a second or two of me sending it. Of course, I am in an urban area so if it is a coverage issue I might not be susceptible to that problem.
    I haven't had any issues, either, but am also in an urban area with really good coverage.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I definitely haven't noticed this, but I am on Sprint and don't have the Plus.

But I receive and send messages immediately. So far I haven't experienced any delays.
    I receive my text messages rather quickly. It's almost like an instant messaging program.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hmmm...I switched back to my eris just to test it and it "Seems" faster than the pre.
    IDK what else I can do.

I've already dealt with the lack of apps on webos(this is my first phone from palm) but overall if anybody can help me figure out what i could do about this issue, i'd gladly switch back to my pre

It's just frustrating...

Do you think it could be something wrong with my plus? I know someone said the carrier but i never had this issue(not as much) with any of my other verizon phoens and I've had the two android devices, a storm, imagio, omnia, env touch and a few others
    It seems as though the problem might isolated to your phone judging by the responses above. I would go to verizon and see if they will exchange your phone for a new one. If it happens with a new phone also then the problem might be with the coverage in your area.
    I don't believe its the Pre. I've had messages delayed on my Treo before sometimes up to an hour or more. Not very often..but it happens. I suspect that the network is the cause.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!