Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    question. My Palm Pre has developed big white dots towards the bottom of the screen. I do have the insurance on the phone. I don't want them to swap the phone out. I just put on a $10 screen protector from skinomi that I love. Do you guys think they can replace just the lcd screen. I wasn't sure if the techs at the sprint stores were able to do work on these phones yet.
    they CANNOT do that because the lcd and digitizer are all in one piece the only option is to swap it out
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply
    all pre's have lcd leaks. it's terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    Ummm...really? Mine doesn't.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Everyone loves ice cream and chicken. Um, no everyone doesn't.

For the record, my Pre Plus doesn't have an LCD leak, blotches or discoloration. I'm just saying.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    really !!! not this one .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    We're unable to swap any parts on the Pre.. We can just do basic repairs because Palm does not allow us to open the phone.

..I don't think I've ever seen what you're talking about.
    No, not all of them. In fact, most have nothing alike. So, stop spreading FUD, please.
    wow havnt heard ol jethro song in a long time!!!!!!!!! touch down colts yaaaaahoooooooooo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Okay, mine is leaking and I bought it few days ago. I should get it replaced..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist View Post
    Okay, mine is leaking and I bought it few days ago. I should get it replaced..
    yes!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes!!!
    Rawr! How does the demo-display phone at the store is perfect and mine has a blotchy out of the box? and squeaky-clicky too?

VZW, you better let me get a new one cause it's only been 4 days...
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Please stop. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    It's reassuring to know that many Pre users have a good-built phone.
    I disagree I've went through 7 Pre's and every single one of them have had screen leaks or blotches. I think the issue is during light use you don't see the blotches they only appear after the phone gets hot. It's not spreading FUD when 7 out of 7 Pre's of mine have had this issue. Palm Customer Relations even admitted to the problem with me on the phone and agreed to swap mine with brand new phone. The problem is even that one had blotches.
    @walkerwade
    It sounds like you really had a run of bad luck. My Pre gets very heavy usage and I truly do not have the problem, but I am sorry that you did -- multiple times.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    mine has it pretty bad. Was planning on taking a pic and posting it soon. It happened over time and is a wavy streak that runs horizontal on the bottom of the phone. Easily noticeable on the grey alarm page.
    i've gone through 6 pres. 4 have lcd leaks. including the one i have now. they know it does that's why when you go to device info>interactive test> test screen and go through the 4 colors, they have a white bar at the bottom....they didn't use to...now they do...cause lotta of em leak. i dunno what fud even is . i have a pre and love it
    both my pres suffered light leak. No splotches though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast