Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Pre Pals:

Not a Pre Plus owner yet, but likely will be by next week...

I am likely to run Classic with Datebk6. Somebody on the Datebk list in Yahoo groups said that Classic makes the phone sluggish. Is this true?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am not running it myself, but I do have the pre plus. ONE (yes, just one) person I know IS running it and his is somewhat laggy compaired to mine. Hope this helps..
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Also..May I ask why you would run classic?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I want to run Datebk6 as my primary calendar. I have it on my Centro, and have used a version of it for probably 10 years. It is a superior calendar to anything out there. The main issue for me on most calendars, be it Pre, Google, iCal, etc., is the data entry. With Datebk6, there are templates for common events, which makes entering an event a single tap. Truly terrific. Alas, there are no calendars for Pre on WebOS that hold a candle to this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Well, have you looked in the "homebrew" section of apps? It is super easy to enable and you may just find something there that you like for calender.
    I too have decided to change from my beloved 755P to the Pre (Pre for me, with free Pixi for my sig other via Verizon); waiting for delivery on 2/11. I agree Datebk6 is a superior program, but am now wondering if I made the correct choice, because I relay on it and it's icons to keep my work, medical/health and social life catagorized. I saw that may be able to use Classic to access the program, and will see how laggy it is and post here.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chblogs View Post
    Well, have you looked in the "homebrew" section of apps? It is super easy to enable and you may just find something there that you like for calender.
    Looked in there, and I haven't found any "add ons" to the native calendar that are available. Hopefully somebody who is a smart coder with similar aspirations will make something!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    I want to run Datebk6 as my primary calendar. I have it on my Centro, and have used a version of it for probably 10 years. It is a superior calendar to anything out there. The main issue for me on most calendars, be it Pre, Google, iCal, etc., is the data entry. With Datebk6, there are templates for common events, which makes entering an event a single tap. Truly terrific. Alas, there are no calendars for Pre on WebOS that hold a candle to this.
    I agree 100%, with your comments about datebook. I miss it, but I find that stylus driven Palm OS apps are much harder to use with my finger under Classic. I still use classic for several other apps, and have it as an open card always. I do not find it to make the Pre sluggish. I would fully support a similar webos app to Datebook, as I find the calendar, and todo list lacking greatly.

I still use Splash Money, Id, Notes, and Smart list to go daily under Classic.
    You might also check out some of the other threads, like in the "Official Classic" forum. I use Classic to run DateBk6 for similar reasons; the WebOS calendar is like a toy. I'm not sure how laggy it makes the phone, because I keep Classic running basically all the time. That said, my Pre is a bit sluggish. But it's still worth it.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    You might also check out some of the other threads, like in the "Official Classic" forum. I use Classic to run DateBk6 for similar reasons; the WebOS calendar is like a toy. I'm not sure how laggy it makes the phone, because I keep Classic running basically all the time. That said, my Pre is a bit sluggish. But it's still worth it.
    Are you using a Pre, or Pre Plus?

Perhaps the Pre Plus will run faster...
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    Are you using a Pre, or Pre Plus?

Perhaps the Pre Plus will run faster...
    Oh, sorry -- it's a Pre.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Don't be sorry! Appreciate your input. I will let you know how it all works out on the pre plus when I get it in a week or two.