Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I received a replacement phone on Friday (I assume it was a refurb). All has been well except this morning I awoke to my phone saying I was no longer signed into my Palm profile. I was then asked if I wanted to restart or erase all data.

After restarting, it seemed like my phone was starting from scratch. I was asked to select English. Then I got a Phone Activated screen with a large check mark on it. I then had to re-accept the terms and conditions.
    I then had to re-input the passwords for both email accounts, reinput my facebook password etc.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a one time glitch or should I take it back.
    I had the exact thing happen when I woke up today. It was also a replacement phone I got last week.

However, the problem has been reported before on this forum and others. I haven't seen a cause or a solution though.

It was a major pain to have to go through the reactivation and all the restarts. To add to the insult, I noticed dev mode is off, so here goes another restart.

It wouldn't be so bad if WebOS didn't take so long to boot. It's by far the slowest restart of any smartphone I've ever tried.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes, I found a fairly lengthy thread after I posted. There did not appear to be any good resolution in that thread. I will watch it for a couple of days, if it does it again, I will return it for another.
    Anybody ever find a solution? Just had same problem today.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    You should have logged out of your Palm Profile when you returned your old phone. When the service center turns on the old phone to fix it, it automatically boots up and logs into your Palm profile. Since only one phone can log into the profile at a time, it kicks your new phone off when it logs on.

So yeah, lesson learned the hard way. Next time you send it back, be sure its completely logged out of your profile.
    This happened to me on my launch day Pre (under two unique profiles), so the issue can also be totally unrelated to returning one unit and getting another. To make along story short, I was eventually sent a new device from Palm. If this problem persists for you, robjulo, I would politely insist on a NEW phone (and at teh very least get a new refurbed device). BTW, welcome to P|C!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Consider changing your profile password?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    This happened to me on my launch day Pre (under two unique profiles), so the issue can also be totally unrelated to returning one unit and getting another. To make along story short, I was eventually sent a new device from Palm. If this problem persists for you, robjulo, I would politely insist on a NEW phone (and at teh very least get a new refurbed device). BTW, welcome to P|C!

ME

Thanks.

Fortunately, the problem has not reoccured. However, for good measure, I did recieve a PM from a Palm Tech Support rep and I will be contacting him Monday to see if he can figure out what happened.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    You should have logged out of your Palm Profile when you returned your old phone. When the service center turns on the old phone to fix it, it automatically boots up and logs into your Palm profile. Since only one phone can log into the profile at a time, it kicks your new phone off when it logs on.

So yeah, lesson learned the hard way. Next time you send it back, be sure its completely logged out of your profile.
    I did not realize that. Noted for next time (hopefully there isn't one). How do I log out of my palm profile when returning a phone?