Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it's Palm's product i am willing to pay up to 2000 USD. well infact. i'll buy anything palm.

chris
    international palm user living in asia
    i'd go about $500-550 with contract if they add a front facing camera and mic for video chat and stickam/ustream (in addition to the above specs). the battery had better last too. also, unless i just wanted to impress people with the old "whose is bigger" thing, i don't need a screen larger than 3.5-3.7. i need to still be able to pocket it and not have it take up too much room.
    I had another thought. Why not make a phone that will allow you to purchase different back half slides? The front half of the phone would contain the screen and basic hardware. Then there would be different back halves that would allow you to purchase upgrades like more ram/bigger battery/4g/different connections/camera lens/slots/connections etc. As the times changed the upgrade could too. It would be less costly for everyone after the first main purchase. You can do it with a computer so why not a phone?
    i love my pres form factor now, i wouldnt mind a little bigger....but me, with palm im a fan so i would pay whatever to get the superphone, like that supersonic....i have my eye on that phone
    Considering the Nexus One has most of what you are listing and its $175 with a contract, I would dare palm to start staying up with the pack. At least offer the snapdragon processor, more ram, compass, Amoled screen, 5mp camera with a great lens, gsm world compatible (so I can take it to Europe), and expandable memory. Imagine what the next Iphone is going to be like!

Seriously, that is what the Palm Pre Plus should have been upgraded to. I would pay $200 on a new contract for it and would have been there on release day when the store opened . Now I am debating on getting the Pre at all..
    Oh and palm could be a super phone right now if it would have made those changes on the Pre Plus.

Although, I wouldn't have complained if they increased the screen size just a tiny bit on the same design they have right now.
    off contract $700 assuming I could put it unlocked on ANY carrier and pay unlimited data, no phone service. Then just keep google voice running.

plus There should be an optional "super" touchstone with integrated pico projector and laser projection keyboard.

this could be just a little larger than the current touchstone, with a retractable cord.

mmmmmm
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/07/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    I would stay in the $600 - $700 range and I love the idea about building your own phone. Also I don't really want a screen any bigger than 3.7ish because then it's just a huge piece of hardware in your pocket.

So I was thinking specs that are something like this:

Snapdragon 1gz Processor
    32 or 64 GB Storage
    1GB RAM
    8 MP auto focus camera w/dual LED flash
    Large LED screen 3.7 with smudge resistant 800 x 480 pixels.
    Glass and metal construction
    Supports (CDMA 4G)
    Micro SD Card Reader
    Front Facing Camera
    Dual Mics
    1700mAp Battery
    Depth: 12mm
    Last edited by Joescan09; 02/07/2010 at 11:53 AM.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    im in where and when? lol.....i want a bigger screen then the pre right now its just to small for so apps and gaming.
    No way I would pay $700 for a phone with a contract. Hate to say it, but I think you just described the next iphone . Still like the Palm OS better than Apple, but again the Nexus one almost has everything you stated for $175.
    You forgot one more thing: it'd be 4G/3G compatible!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    You forgot one more thing: it'd be 4G/3G compatible!
    Yup! The basic idea is manufacture one phone that can work on all bands. BB does this with their phones and I can only image that it makes it cheaper to make and better for the consumer.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I was talking to my Dad (a new pre owner) about this yesterday. How much would you pay for a truly incredible piece of hardware. So right now it seems like everyone is dancing towards lower and lower prices, however, what if Palm decides to put out a super device, and I really mean a super device, and assumes that people will be willing to pay more, but get more.

OMAP 4 (dual core ARM processor running at 1GHz)
    64 GB Storage
    1GB RAM
    8 MP auto focus camera w/dual LED flash
    Large LED screen (talking 3.7-4")
    Glass and metal construction
    Supports all cell bands (GSM, CDMA, WiMAX, LTE, etc)
    Micro SD Card Reader
    1500mAp Battery

With all of that above would you be willing to drop $350-400 (after rebate) on it?
    I paid full price (~550$) for my current Pre.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I would stay in the $600 - $700 range and I love the idea about building your own phone. Also I don't really want a screen any bigger than 3.7ish because then it's just a huge piece of hardware in your pocket.

snip...

Large LED screen 3.7 with smudge resistant 800 x 480 pixels.
    I would rather stick with the 3:2 (2:3) aspect ratio rather than the 5:3 (3:5) that you are suggesting. 720*480 would be the ideal resolution then. This makes it so the phone isn't too thin compared to its length. And the extra pixels you lose isn't really noticeable on a 3.5-3.7 inch screen.
  15.    #35  
    btw, I like the two tags on this thread
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12