1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am with V and my contract ends in Oct. However, I will be up for a new phone in July. Why they will not let me get a Pre is beyond me, considering that I got a big fat $50 off my current centro, that was 1 1/2 years ago,
    (and we have 5 phones on our plan).

MY house gets zero reception for cell service from any carrier. V is sending me their signal booster for FREE, but I will still be charged month minutes while using it.

Now I can get a Pre on V in July or should I wait and see if Sprint is going to have Pre II or what ever they will call it. I dislike Sprint's customer service and V is far better in that aspect in fact in all alspects. (I left Sprint about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago).

Of course Sprint has a far better pricing structure than V. The bulk of my cell calls are to my wonderful G/F, who would be free from Sprint since all cell calls are free when using Sprint, MY G/F does not have a land line). Of course it is free to call my house or cell for her, since we are allowed 10 numbers to call for free.

Have any of you heard any rumors of what will be out from Palm, when Sprint's Pre gets to it's anniversary?? I would think Palm will do something to sweeten the pot, as Sprint will not want to lose clients to V. (Although, no matter how you slice it, V is sitll higher than Sprint).

I still have yet to get an answer from V about them charging for GPS.

1. why pay them $10 a month when you can get a stand alone GPS for about $69 on sale. With 5 of us on the plan, all paying $10 a month, in one year we could buy approx 8 stand alone GPS units. I know it is only $10 a month, however, I truly is arragant of V to claim that they are giving such a good deal, when they are not.

OH BTW, how I got the signal booster for free was, I kept escalating my call, when they kept saying to me, V charges more b/c we have better coverage and better customer service. I kept saying, sure it is so good, that I cannot get or make a cell call from my house? In fact, they sent someone here to measure the signal, even outside of my house, they had a problem getting a signal!!!

I did have to escalate the call to the CEO's office It is funny, they do not want to give you an address and tel # for him, yet it is public info, that is all over the web. Besides, they are a phone company who does not know the # of the CEO, that's a laugh! (In fact, many of the emplyees do nto knwo the name of the CEO of the firm they work for qwhich strikes me a sodd, mis-informed and lazy). Besides the white house's tel number and address is not a secret, so that mean's the CEO of V is more important that the Prez of the USA? A fact that I beat them over the head with.

I would think, they would play ball, after all, do they really want to lose an account with 5 lines on it. One of whom is just out of his teens and has a cell surgically impanted to his ear!

2. If I am not mistaken is GPS FREE on V's andriod phones?

3. Depending if V wants to waive the GPS charge, it is either $20 to $30 cheaper for me to leave V for Sprint.

I would like any input on any of this, so sorry I rambled on, but it is 1:30 in the morning, (lol)! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    You have until July, so you have time. I bet Palm will reveal the phone (if they have one) in June or before... I say just wait and see.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I have been with Sprint for nine years without any issues, but have heard from people who did have issues with CS a few years ago that it is vastly improved from that time. Also, all calls to all mobile phones regardless of carrier are included with Sprint, fwiw. Sprint Nav is also included. They will give you an Airave for your house, since it can be demonstrated that you get no signal there. Sprint will get the next iteration of webOS before Verizon does. Because you will need a data plan with the Pre on Sprint you will automatically become a Premier customer and be able to get the new phone discount every year instead of every two years. However, if you are basically happy with Verizon, there is no reason to leave, and you can get the Pre Plus in July.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Sprint's CS has improved in the 5 years I've been with them. If you have the time or patience, I would recommend eCare or Chat to try to resolve any issue. And, you get a transcript of the conversation or deal you've agreed to so they can't back-out.

Sprint also have a femtocell. I think you can get it for free if you complain but its something like $5 mo to use
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 02/07/2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Sprint's customer service was at it's low point around the time you left. It's significantly better now, but you still sometimes have to do the sort of escalation tricks you talked about as the lowest level CSRs don't have a any latitude for special circumstances. Most of the Sprint CSRs I get these days are in the US or Canada/Newfoundland.

A few years ago I had similar problems with Verizon DSL CSRs (most of who were overseas, followed scripts and exercised zero intelligence or judgment, and were of little help). It took Verizon months of me calling before I was escalated to people willing to dispatch people to fix the problems on my DSL line.

It's really a shame that we have to go through such hoops with the carriers. My experience shows Sprint to be easier to escalate successfully than Verizon.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    DH has Verizon and their C/S is by far much worse than mine on Sprint! Of course that is just his and my opinions.

I love my Pre and because I'm a premier customer with Sprint I get to upgrade every year. DH has to wait 1 1/2 years with Verizon.

I have a 900 anytime Everything plan (unlimited data, text, talk plus AnyMobile) for less than $90. DH has a circle calling (grandfathered in) with unlimited data and text for $105. I have SprintNavigation for free...he has to pay $10 more a month for Verizon.

I have had no issues at all with Sprint even when I had to replace my previous phone. I have had none of the issues people mention on here with my Pre either (well small amount of Oreo but on any slide phone that happens).
    why can't you call your girlfriend from your house phone????
    use the cell when you're away from the house and have better coverage...
    i get no signal on my pre at my house with sprint also. they sent me the airRave for free and i also dont get charged any fee for using since they can prove im in a dead zone. i have been with sprint over 10years had my ups and downs with them but they have always solved any issues same day.

im hoping a pre 2 does come out.
    Verizon is an allowed word. =P
    Follow Me On

Sprints customer service has vastly improved in the last 2 years. please dont take that as they will do what ever you want. but they are a lot nicer. however if you dont pay your bill they will disconnect your service (that was a friends biggest complaint, he switched to verizon and they will not disconnect your service as fast and he loves that)

verizon to me has very poor customer service unless you goto a store and work with them face to face. i have there tv and internet service and HATE calling them, and there no better on working with you to keep your service if you do not pay your bill (tough times in 09).

from my experience if you already have a bad taste in your mouth about sprint then no matter what they do you will find fault and hate them. same with verizon, if you already like them then they can do no wrong no matter what.

im all about price, if i get the same thing for a lot less money then im going that way.

not to mention you claim they have good customer service, however their charging you 10 bucks a month for something that should be free, how is that good? that is a very poor customer service in my mind
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  11.    #11  
    Hi, Thank you it is totally free for me to call my g/f from my house, until V allowed us to pick 10 numbers for free calls, the bills for her to call me where HUGE! However, now that she can call my house for free it is perfect.

I do have a question isn't femtocell and airave, the swme thing? (only airave is Sprints name for femtocell or am I talking abotu apples and oranges?? Thanks for all of the input, I think I may wait for Sprints phone and switch at least my phone.

I also hope that Palm either switches to keyboard on the oblong end, or a keyboard that flips around. From what I have read the idea of a keyboard is great, but the narrow end make sit too small.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I personally don't find it too small, and very much prefer a portrait keyboard (for those times when I need to use it one-handed). However, I have read that others do find it too small, so this appears to be a very individual opinion/preference. You'll probably just have to play with it for a while and see if it works for you.

Regarding femtocell and airrave, yes they are the same thing, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I do have a question isn't femtocell and airave, the swme thing? (only airave is Sprints name for femtocell or am I talking abotu apples and oranges??
    Yep, Airave is the brand or product name of Sprint's femtocell device. Not sure how it's branded on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I personally don't find it too small, and very much prefer a portrait keyboard (for those times when I need to use it one-handed).
    But the animal in your avatar probably prefers larger keys! Has the cat mastered the back gesture yet?
  15.    #15  
    Hi all and thank you for the info. also thank you about femowhatever, take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    But the animal in your avatar probably prefers larger keys! Has the cat mastered the back gesture yet?
    Nope! She only knows how to open new apps!

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Agree with others viewpoints on customer service. Sprint's CS has improved markedly in the past couple years - HUGE difference. In fact I can safely say that SPRINT has the BEST CS in the industry now. They also have the BEST pricing. Personally I believe they have the BEST data services also.

I was able to get an AIRWAVE for free... so I get great Sprint coverage at home - before the Airwave Sprint was the only carrier I could get - but it was iffy.

Sprint's CS gave me that airwave and I'm all set.

OK - add in that all Sprint Mobile to Mobile is free...

can't beat Sprint
  18.    #18  
    You all convinced to wait until Oct, when my contract is up and go with Sprint.

If they give me the airave, I may give up my land lines. We have two, (my Mom lives with me in my house and has her own phone), My phone has an interesting deal, that I have not been willing to give up, unless I get the airave without the monthly fee.

My local service was with Sprint's long lines division which was spun off several years ago and named Embarq.

Embarq, which in turn was just recently bought up by a firm called Centurty Link.

Now as long as I maintain a land line with them, I will have free long distance (all 50 states) and my DSL line rate will NEVER go up in PRICE. This is in writting and guaranteed as long as I LIVE IN THIS HOUSE!

Connected to it, is a Siemens phone system, that has one base unit and 8 wireless head sets, for both lines. It also has an intercom, which is of great importance to us.

Last year my Mom suffered a stroke and heart attack at the same time. She also falls easily, after the last knee surgery, (is is when she had the heart attack and stroke). (BTW she is doing great as if it never happened, at 86 she is still going strong).

The intercom on the land line syetem is a liife save, as we both carry handsets around the house, should she fall etc. It is 2.4 gHZ so, it covers both the back and front yards, the garage and onto or niegbours property!

I must see of the intercom works if the phone lines are disconeted.

That would be like getting my cell service for free since we would be saving that much or more by dropping the cell service. In additon, we do have expanded 911 here. The only down side is that I have a tendance to leave the 8 headsets all over the hosue, I could not do that with the cell or I would not be able to find a phone when I need it.

I am so sorry for any typos. I am disabled and so Typing is never easy for me. HOWEVER THERE IS A MAJOR PLUS. When I became disabled. I sold my house in NYC and moved to FL. I had my folks sell their house, also in FL and they moved in with me. For 10 years until my wonderful Dad passed away, both of my folks lived with me full time. Now almost 6 years after he passed away, my Mom is still with us. I know no one else who has been lucky and blessed enough to spend that kind of time with their parents as an adult.

I am also lucky that my G/F is CRAZY about my Mom and vice versa. I only wish that my G/F had been able to meet. However, we met 2 years after my Dad died.

OK so it is Sprint for me. I am glad to see they were able to turn around after losing so much, both in terms of customers and prestige. I have to wait until my contract is up with V which I believe is the middle of OCT, which is fine, since by then if there will be an updates PRE this year for Sprint, it should be issued by then. THANKS AND KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!