Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so i went to dinner and while i was waiting for them to call my name there happend to be a Verizon store next door so i decided to stop by and check the Pre Plus (i have a pre). So while i found the Pre Plus a guy approached me and asked if i had questions, i looked at him and he had a PALM tag i was like well i do have ONE question....whens 1.4 coming out, the guy looked at me shocked and said " are you a spy or something" i laughed i told him no i just happen to have a pre, and he said oh, well 1.4 should be here in the next few weeks, and i told him are you SURE and he assured me it will come in the coming weeks, i also told him well what about flash? he told me it will come with the 1.4 update and he kept reassuring me itll be here and looked very confident so i believed him, we talked for a few mins and left. BTW Pre Plus was nice and all but no difference with the pre lol anyway in case ppl were worried it was being pushed back the palm guy told me itll be here in the next few weeks with FLASH so hope its good news for everyone here
    Nice. Hope the intel is solid and the guy wasn't blowing....you know.
  3.    #3  
    i know what you mean lol but the guy kept reassuring me itll come lol so well see
    Too bad he didn't say in the next few DAYS
  5.    #5  
    i wish haha
    LOL "coming weeks" essentially sometime in Feb, which was pretty much announced at CES. I'm a little questionable about flash though. When I got mine on launch day I spoke to the Palm rep that was there and kinda gave me some false info on how many apps would be available on launch/coming weeks.
  7.    #7  
    well lets just hope the guy was telling the truth lol
    Well I heard "February" from the CEO of Palm. Take that for what it is worth.
    I heard it will come in late feb by an little green man.
    I find it funny for one, that a Palm rep would actually be at a Verizon Store. Aren't they just ordinary sales people. Two, I don't think a rep would have the inside track as to when the parent company will be delivery updates, especially new technologies (i.e. flash, video) from OTA updates. I could probably agree that a rep might have the inside track on upcoming phones, based on some of the invoices we've seen online.

Highly skeptical until I actually see it on my phone. Still waiting...
  11. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    You shouldve asked him if GPU was enabled for the webos... LAME!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lildroopie View Post
    I find it funny for one, that a Palm rep would actually be at a Verizon Store. Aren't they just ordinary sales people. Two, I don't think a rep would have the inside track as to when the parent company will be delivery updates, especially new technologies (i.e. flash, video) from OTA updates. I could probably agree that a rep might have the inside track on upcoming phones, based on some of the invoices we've seen online.

Highly skeptical until I actually see it on my phone. Still waiting...
    The Palm Rep (you may substitute Motorola, HTC, etc.) is a Rep more for the Verizon employees than he is for their customers; he's not there to process any transactions, but to (obviously) promote Palm's products. His job is to provide some training, marketing materials and do some Q&A with the VZW Reps; while he's there (s)he'll interact with customers to a certain extent. These reps do have some inside knowledge.
    Yep, reps do know what they're talking about. We have them in on a regular basis at the music store I work at, and I get the inside scoop on upcoming stuff, as well as training in new features before they hit the market.

My Pre is through Sprint, and they also gave a late Feb. timeframe, but wouldn't get specific with me. That's fine, Palm probably doesn't want them to. Adobe also lists that approximate time as well, if you search the developers section. Every smartphone OS but Symbian will have Flash 10 before March. Symbian is looking at a June timeframe, for some reason.
    its known that 1.4 will or should be here by mid febuary
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    so i went to dinner and while i was waiting for them to call my name there happend to be a Verizon store next door so i decided to stop by and check the Pre Plus (i have a pre). So while i found the Pre Plus a guy approached me and asked if i had questions, i looked at him and he had a PALM tag i was like well i do have ONE question....whens 1.4 coming out, the guy looked at me shocked and said " are you a spy or something" i laughed i told him no i just happen to have a pre, and he said oh, well 1.4 should be here in the next few weeks, and i told him are you SURE and he assured me it will come in the coming weeks, i also told him well what about flash? he told me it will come with the 1.4 update and he kept reassuring me itll be here and looked very confident so i believed him, we talked for a few mins and left. BTW Pre Plus was nice and all but no difference with the pre lol anyway in case ppl were worried it was being pushed back the palm guy told me itll be here in the next few weeks with FLASH so hope its good news for everyone here
    What we've heard suggests that 1.4 won't include Flash, but that Flash would be downloadable from the App Catalog.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    NOVA!!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    didn't runbenstein say that 1.4 will allow for flash but that it would be downloaded separately when its ready.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    didn't runbenstein say that 1.4 will allow for flash but that it would be downloaded separately when its ready.
    I don't know if he said it, but that is the general understanding.
    its coming on Feb 14th
    Quote Originally Posted by Outkast1386 View Post
    I heard it will come in late feb by an little green man.
    The Android robot told you? LOL

Symbian won't be the only one to not have flash, don't forget a certain phone from a certain fruit company, and according to what I just read on Engadget, WinMo7 won't have Flash either. They said the browser is going to be built on IE7 with some IE8 functionality, but due to time constraints, there won't be flash for the new WinMo yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast