Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    My scan just finished and guess what?

ALL THOSE SAME PICS ARE ON MINE TOO.

Must be some random pics Palm used for testing or something. That's about the best I can come up with.

Most of the 1000 pics it found were weather screens from the Weatherman app.

Here's the program I used:

Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    Crazy. I'm glad it just wasn't me—comfort in numbers, ya know? The question though is... what the hell are they testing? Doesn't make a whole heckuva lot of sense, as I don't see them needing so many pics to test stuff. My guess is that they were originally there for testing, and someone just forgot about them; they were deleted off the main image they use to impress all their phones, and now they show up that way in all phones. Just a wild guess, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    My scan just finished and guess what?

ALL THOSE SAME PICS ARE ON MINE TOO.

Must be some random pics Palm used for testing or something. That's about the best I can come up with.

Most of the 1000 pics it found were weather screens from the Weatherman app.

Here's the program I used:

Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    That sure is strange;found the same pics:

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    There is a picture of a GPS ? screen shot with the date 26 December 09. Wouldn't that imply that maybe these were added in one of the updates?
    Also, I'm curious to see what coordinates those point to.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Anyone check the exif data on these to see if they have a gps stamp or anything?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNinjaGo View Post
    There is a picture of a GPS ? screen shot with the date 26 December 09. Wouldn't that imply that maybe these were added in one of the updates?
    Also, I'm curious to see what coordinates those point to.
    I just looked at the coordinates, and I think a friend of mine must've sent that to me in a picture message, or something, since it's near an area where he does offroading. I didn't recognize it (still don't, actually), but that would make since. I've since removed it.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    Anyone check the exif data on these to see if they have a gps stamp or anything?
    Now THAT's weird! The one of snow, shows it was taken with a Blackberry 8100, while the tennis man was taken with an iPhone, and edited with Photoshop. I'm checking some of the other ones as we speak.

Weird just got weirder!

Update:
    The boat pic was taken on a Canon EOS 40D, and edited with GIMP.
    Hot dog man was taken on a Casio EX-Z700, also edited with GIMP.
    Snowboarder was with a Fuji SP-2000, and GIMP'd
    Various contact-type pics were taken with Canon's, and some even have 300dpi resolution. Very strange...
    this is getting too weird!
    great thread.. Crazy info, lets get to the bottom of this.

so far we know palm has a bunch of cameras and if jon took the pictures, which only makes sense, then he has used an iphone before!
    as long as it does nto come with that pic of W Bush!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I am now running a recovery on a Pixi...wonder what I will come up with.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I don't think it's weird. This is common to most computers.
    Ok guy, are you sure this isn't a spyware program, and the program itself didn't install those pictures, just to make you think it did something.

Or maybe the program was just giving you a demo of what the real, paid version would be like.

Are you sure this program isn't installing some kind of tracking software?

It sounds strange when people have the same pictures.

And I don't think they were hidden.

One of the developers should really look into what this program is really doing.

Rob

PS Why don't you test doing this on a memory card, not just the Pre to see if you get similar results.

I tried to run it on a memory card that was just formatted and I made sure I had my network connection disabled so no information could be passed while it was running.

I turned up nothing in my test.
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/07/2010 at 12:49 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Oh yeah... I hear all Macs ship with a picture of Steve Jobs with his pants around his ankles.
    This is really intriguing.
    But what would be even more spooky is if it was pictures of ghosts in haunted houses!
    Or worse stuff.
    At least these are happy happy pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok guy, are you sure this isn't a spyware program, and the program itself didn't install those pictures, just to make you think it did something.

Or maybe the program was just giving you a demo of what the real, paid version would be like.

Are you sure this program isn't installing some kind of tracking software?

It sounds strange when people have the same pictures.

And I don't think they were hidden.

One of the developers should really look into what this program is really doing.

Rob
    if you read this from the beginning I'm pretty sure the OP used a mac program and some others found the SAME pictures with a DIFFERENT program
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Well I ran this on a Pixi and not only did it come up with all the same pics that were on the Pre, it came up with a ton of other strange pics.

[QUOTE=kd0axs;2206885]Well I ran this on a Pixi and not only did it come up with all the same pics that were on the Pre, it came up with a ton of other strange pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

looks like you have a keyboard in the first screen shot, I can't figue out what the other is. I might have to see what's on my phone. I don't need that kind of crap on there wasting space anyways

I think that pretty much kills the conspiracy theory posted earlier.
    I have a feeling that some of the images were used in the testing of the screen during development, then they were deleted and the development was cloned to create phones... but that doesn't answer how one from December could have got there.

With that in mind what other deleted files might have survived?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    looks like you have a keyboard in the first screen shot, I can't figue out what the other is. I might have to see what's on my phone. I don't need that kind of crap on there wasting space anyways.
    Ummm... I hear what you're saying, but remember; these pics have already been deleted, so there's no wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Thank you for that—I lol'd.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    The OP said the GPS pic from December was one that someone sent him.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast