1.    #1  
    I always have wi-fi turned on as I am connected to my home and work networks. Recently, I had to spend a week at a location without wi-fi, so I turned it off to save battery. After the week was up, I went to start using wi-fi again and all I get is the spinning circle on the Wi-Fi selection. I can go into wi-fi preferences and manually slide the slider to on, but the wi-fi still does not turn on. I have removed patches, run WebOSRepairUtiliy, removed programs, restarted, removed the battery, and everything else short of reinstalling the OS. I could not find any issues on the forums that relates to this (after looking through 500 matches for the topic of "wi-fi"). Please help as I use my wi-fi all of the time. Especially to talk and use data at the same time. Thanks!
    ok relax lol just go into device info app and swipe down from top left and do the quick tests and see what happens . if there is an error it will tell you or send the error to palm . and if you get an error write down any numbers or error codes and take phone to sprint
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I performed the quick tests. The first thing that pops up says that Wi-fi is off and to turn it on to test. I cannot get wi-fi to turn on, so the quick test skips the wi-fi and tells me that my device is ok with a big blue check mark.
    Last edited by odie99; 02/06/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    ok then try repair utility see if it fixes your issue . just download it and put into the same folder as webos doctor? or do you have that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if not a partial erase should fix your phone . its just a glitch . but finding out why is another story lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  6.    #6  
    Performed the partial erase. Still no wifi. I am just going to redo the entire OS. Maybe my wifi radio went out on me.
    its possible the wifi went out ,but if you doctor it you should not lose any personal data and if that does not do the trick then have it replaced. if its within the first thirty days since you bought it make sure they give you a brand new device and not a refurbished phone ask them to show you the build date and to show you where the refurb date should be . it should be blank where it says refurb lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  8.    #8  
    FIXED! Sadly, I had to webOSdoctor and bring the phone to current software. I performed partial erase with no luck. Then, i tried a full erase with no luck. Finally I tried to webOSrepairUtility with override turned on with no luck. The only fix was a complete webOSdoctor reinstall. Thank you for your help!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have the same problem but don't want to do a full erase. I suspect that the problem started when I used and old all-in-one installer of My Tether. My guess is that the installer overwrote the Pre's wifi drivers. Can anyone tell me which file would I have to restore to replace the Pre's wifi driver with the current original?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the name of the Pre's Wifi driver? I would like to replace it with the original using WebOSRepairUtility.