Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    since 1.3.5, I've had the slightly not uncommon problem with email fetching over wi-fi.

on evdo, everything came through fine without a hitch. with wi-fi on however, I'd have to manually retrieve my emails by going into the app itself.

I had previously only synced one account (hotmail) and had it check for email every hour.

now that I've also linked my gmail account (set to push), email is fetched correctly over wi-fi.

so I would suggest to anyone waiting for 1.4 to drop and fix this, try also setting up a gmail account (or a second account in general or maybe one that supports true push?) and see if it resolves your wi-fi ills!
    I have three IMAP IDLE push email accounts on my phone and they work perfectly over WiFi.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this problem was confined to pop3 accounts but setting up the imap account fixed the issue with the former.
    If this is the fix, then it would explain why a lot of Pre users have not had issues with the Wifi push Email. I have always had a Gmail account in my Email settings, so this could be why I have not had any problems (hopefully anyway).