Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Apple Orders Android Mention Scrubbed From App Store

Apparently "Android" is a four-letter word in Cupertino. The flash card app Flash of Genius was a finalist in Google's Android Developer Challenge, and the developers thought that was worth mentioning in the description of the iPhone version of their app. Apple didn't agree, and sent the developers an email asking them to remove the Android line from their app description, under threat of an "interruption" in Flash of Genius' availability on the app store.

I like Apple, but does anyone else think this seems a bit like a movie gangster cliché? It's just shy of showing up in a dark pinstripe suit, carrying a baseball bat and saying "It would be a shame if anything happened to your ... availability in the app store." There's no official ban on mentioning Android, as far as we know, so the email said that the description "contains inappropriate or irrelevant information." Apple mentioned the Android award specifically, though, without referring to Flash of Genius' other boasts about mentions in books and newspapers.

What's the deal, Apple? Is this a one-time fluke that deserves an apology, or are we going to see all Android mentions consistently removed in the future? For Flash of Genius' part, they're contacting Apple to find out if there's any acceptable way to mention their award without getting their app booted from the store.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol... nothing I didn't expect from Apple.
    It's the reason why I dumped my Apple equipment years ago. It makes me laugh how Steve Jobs is furious at Adobe for "ruling" with Flash yet he has no problem telling everyone else to go screw themselves unless they use Apple products. He's a self righteous jerk who represents everything that is wrong with humanity. How funny is it that the anti-microsoft campaigner is worse than the long time villain ever was.
    i see apple as microsofts darth vader i still have hope that one day apple will remember whats right
    Heh, I was watching this CNN Documentary the other day on Apple. I can't believe some of the wacko's out there. Did you know there is an Apple Church out there? They worship Steve Jobs like he is a god.... I guess all of that so called power gets to someone after awhile. If I can find the title of the documentary I'll post it.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    That's pretty sad.. Now don't get me wrong, I do like some of Apples products. I love my iMac, iTunes, and my iPod. I did enjoy my iPhone when I had it, though I like the Pre better. One thing I really don't fancy too much is this policing. If you have a good product that makes people happy, is feature rich, and works well, there should be no need to worry about something like this.

It's either they have too little confidence or too much.. I'm guessing the latter.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsjr22 View Post
    Heh, I was watching this CNN Documentary the other day on Apple. I can't believe some of the wacko's out there. Did you know there is an Apple Church out there? They worship Steve Jobs like he is a god.... I guess all of that so called power gets to someone after awhile. If I can find the title of the documentary I'll post it.
    (Sorry for the double post) That is down right sad! And creepy.. All I can think is.. "Why?"..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    (Sorry for the double post) That is down right sad! And creepy.. All I can think is.. "Why?"..
    the answer: people are stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i see apple as microsofts darth vader i still have hope that one day apple will remember whats right
    They haven't figured it out by now they're not going to. They had a superior product back in the 80's but they locked it down to the point no one wanted to deal with them.

The iPhone is the Apple II all over again.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    The reason people act like this is a fundamental trait in most human beings after years of evolution and is a trait associated with survival of the species.

That said, in a modern society it manifests itself into these sad, and unfortunately ubiquitous, displays of fauctarde (my word for extreme fan.boy.ism).
    MacHeads by CNBC Is the youtube trailer.
    Mac and MS aren't enemies. Hell, MS owns a large part of Apple. MS bailed out Apple when it was about to go down the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    The reason people act like this is a fundamental trait in most human beings after years of evolution and is a trait associated with survival of the species.

That said, in a modern society it manifests itself into these sad, and unfortunately ubiquitous, displays of fauctarde (my word for extreme fan.boy.ism).
    What is this evolution you speak of?

Anyway, Apple's business strategy has always included behavior like this. The meteoric rise in popularity of the Internet, among others things, has made it much easier to expose it.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    They just don't want references to other platforms in the App Store. That would be like putting "#1 Seller at Target!" on your product and putting it in WalMart.
    Exatcly, what's the big problem.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    A little off topic and not sure if anyone has read this, but here is an interesting read regarding Apple's business strategies.
    Why (and How) Apple Killed the $9.99 Ebook - Kindle - Gizmodo
    i read a business case on jobs and fellow apple founder steve wozniak. apparently, jobs was such a competitive and selfish person when apple was first founded (apple was his idea, actually) that he whined and whined when he was given employee #2 and wozniak as given employee #1. he wanted to be employee #0. is that silly or what?
    kind of shows what type of person he is. so super competitive. so it doesn't surprise me that he would do something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Mac and MS aren't enemies. Hell, MS owns a large part of Apple. MS bailed out Apple when it was about to go down the toilet.
    Microsoft doesn't own any apple shares. They haven't for years.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    There is no Apple church, that's just silly. I'm calling "Shenanigans".
  19. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    fundamental, human trait, evolution, survival, then BAM, your "word", LMAO! ADS

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post

MacHeads by CNBC Is the youtube trailer.

"We band together because there aren't that many of us"

lol, that's because you're Brainwashed idiots. So I guess all the rest that weren't in that shot are closet brainwashed idiots.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast