Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    There is no Apple church, that's just silly. I'm calling "Shenanigans".
    Well, not quite a church but...

Apple evangelist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    how is this Pre related?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    They just don't want references to other platforms in the App Store. That would be like putting "#1 Seller at Target!" on your product and putting it in WalMart.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Nice sources cited in there
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsjr22 View Post
    Heh, I was watching this CNN Documentary the other day on Apple. I can't believe some of the wacko's out there. Did you know there is an Apple Church out there? They worship Steve Jobs like he is a god.... I guess all of that so called power gets to someone after awhile. If I can find the title of the documentary I'll post it.
    I'd join if the gave me a free ipod touch lol. Those things are kinda nice.
    Hmmm.......off topic just a touch?

Jobs is nervous. They made a batch of crap machines that couldn't do what Apple was supposed to be the best at without overheating and shutting down in minutes, had to dump TI built PPC's and go with Intel, which in turn people could now buy $600 PC's and squeeze OSX onto them, instead of spending four times that on the same parts in a fancier case, years of effort have gained exactly zero market share over competitors, software and hardware makers that focused on Apple switched to PC's (the Digidesign based studios I work with switched to PC's years ago)........and they made the huge mistake of focusing on the young kids and selling music players instead of building their core market further. They're back to ****** status again, and I bet that's eating Jobs alive. Too many screwups, too many restrictions, too many half-truths told to sell a product. And he never changes clothes. At least Gates puts on a tie and different sweater for press meetings. If Apple falters on the iPod, screws up iTunes, or alienates too many people with the app store, they'll lose. Jobs is smart enough to know that, but like the other guy said, he's too competitive to give in to good thinking, and WAY too rigid in what he'll allow on "his" computers.

I'm a Palm fan, so I guess I'm not that different. Used Palm since my first PDA many years ago, did a PocketPC once (I caved......it was on sale), and they've made mistakes. IMO, they always come back with something better than expected.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12