1.    #1  
    Hi to all i have just bought myself a nice new palm pre, and i am trying to put the preware on it to get the keyboard etc but after downloading webos quick install the webos doctor doesnt have my provider in the drop down list, so my question is,

is there a preware or webos install for an english pre on the o2 network?

please help
    why are you trying to use the webos doctor thats only a last resort if you screw something up
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rkF31 View Post
    Hi to all i have just bought myself a nice new palm pre, and i am trying to put the preware on it to get the keyboard etc but after downloading webos quick install the webos doctor doesnt have my provider in the drop down list, so my question is,

is there a preware or webos install for an english pre on the o2 network?

please help
    I don't think it matters what version of WebOS Doctor you put in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install. You don't actually run the doctor to use Quick Install; it just has to be there. However, if you have to use WebOS Doctor, don't use any version of the doctor other than the one designed for your phone.

Below is a site that has all the versions:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/06/2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: addition
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    why are you trying to use the webos doctor thats only a last resort if you screw something up

sorry i didnt mean to say the drop down in webos doctor sorry my mistake, when i open quick install i get a pop up telling me that in order for quick install to work webos doctor should be installed i click yes and a drop down list pops up with sprint, gsm european and 3 others with emulator last so to install webos doctor i need to choose my correct service provider i think but o2 uk isnt on it, do i need the webos doctor for quick install to recognise my pre or can i forget about down loading webos doctor completely?
    also when i click the third icon on quick install a pop up tells me me to connect device and click ok i do this and it pops up with error occured no device found any ideas with that problem please to?
    you need A webosdoctor not necessarily the one for your network download any of them and youll be fine
  6.    #6  
    Up to now i have downloaded 2 i tried sprint and my pre still wasnt recognised sio i deleted it and tried gsm european and that did the same could i be doing somethin wrong when i connect my usb up?i just plug it in and choose just charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rkF31 View Post
    Up to now i have downloaded 2 i tried sprint and my pre still wasnt recognised sio i deleted it and tried gsm european and that did the same could i be doing somethin wrong when i connect my usb up?i just plug it in and choose just charge.
    Did you see my post above? It has a link to the UK O2 version.

Also, be sure you are in developer mode and that Novacom is installed.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/06/2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: addition
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Did you see my post above? It has a link to the UK O2 version.

Also, be sure you are in developer mode and that Novacom is installed.

ok thanks for that ill give it ago didnt see it sorry thanks again.
  9.    #9  
    Thankyou both so much it is now done the only problem i have is for some reason i only have the following on preware main screen:-

Package updates
    available packages
    installed packages
    list of everything

my problem being were do i get the available patches from for the keypad any help greatly appreciated.
    Available packages > patches > mojo
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    All sorted now thanks to everyone for your help much appreciated