1.    #1  
    Hi can someone please help me. I'm having a issue with my new Palm Pre.

I bought the Palm Pre directly from Sprint. The phone came with a temp # that i had no intentions of using because i would be porting over my original # from Att.

I ported the number over and everything works great. Only thing is the temporary # is still listed in the device info. And when ever i call my voicemail by holding down 1 it calls the temporary number. I see no way to edit this.

I called Sprint and they made me do a bunch of restart's, check the ESN. But nothing worked. They told me i would have to swap out the phone because that number cant be changed.

I really like the phone and so far i have no issues with it. I really don't wanna swap it out for another model just because i cant change the number. It seems ridiculous.

Can anyone help me out ?
    i had an issue porting but they gave me a new # then leave my phone off for an hour and when i turned it on it had the ported #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate735 View Post
    Hi can someone please help me. I'm having a issue with my new Palm Pre.

I bought the Palm Pre directly from Sprint. The phone came with a temp # that i had no intentions of using because i would be porting over my original # from Att.

I ported the number over and everything works great. Only thing is the temporary # is still listed in the device info. And when ever i call my voicemail by holding down 1 it calls the temporary number. I see no way to edit this.

I called Sprint and they made me do a bunch of restart's, check the ESN. But nothing worked. They told me i would have to swap out the phone because that number cant be changed.

I really like the phone and so far i have no issues with it. I really don't wanna swap it out for another model just because i cant change the number. It seems ridiculous.

Can anyone help me out ?
    Technically speaking, they should be able to just reactivate it for you.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    If you just got your phone today, you need to give it at least 24 hours to port over. If your still having issue, just go back to the store and they will reactivate or give you another pre. They issue happened to my friends phone, it was resolved after an hour or so. xD
    Phone->Preferences->Update Network Settings

Should change your phone number to show the right one for you.

And you should update the PRL while you're in that screen :P
    I would really call ur carrier for that to make sure they change it correct for you
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies. I tried updating Network settings and also updated PRL and it didn't work. I'm gonna take it to the Sprint store on Monday.

Also weird is that i get no data connection in my apartment in NYC on 25th floor. But when i go to street level i get 5 bars evdo. . . Is this normal for Sprint in NYC ?

Anyways..No biggie i have wifi here..