1.    #1  
    Ok so i got a pre last week, and while i had an issue with yahoo mail which i fixed, now i am having a bigger issue with it shutting off and wanted to know if this is a known issue or not. ok my phone has been shutting it self off when i slide the keyboard down with the screen still on and the only way to turn it back on is to take the battery out for a few secs. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzmobb View Post
    Ok so i got a pre last week, and while i had an issue with yahoo mail which i fixed, now i am having a bigger issue with it shutting off and wanted to know if this is a known issue or not. ok my phone has been shutting it self off when i slide the keyboard down with the screen still on and the only way to turn it back on is to take the battery out for a few secs. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me ?
    Does it reboot to the Palm logo when you close the slider? Is that what's happening?
  3.    #3  
    No it just shuts off.. i'll hold the power button down and it will go to the palm sign but just stay there.. after that i take the battery out hold the power button down than it starts working again ... just noticed it's only doing it while im on battery power if i connect the a/c adapter it works fine. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    yeah ive had this problem with they keyboard before.. What happend for me is that i took it to sprint and showed them the probem. got a new phone within 3 days
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzmobb View Post
    No it just shuts off.. i'll hold the power button down and it will go to the palm sign but just stay there.. after that i take the battery out hold the power button down than it starts working again ... just noticed it's only doing it while im on battery power if i connect the a/c adapter it works fine. any ideas?
    early on there were battery seating issues that would cause the Pre to restart when you close the slider. It was enough to jarr the battery loose and lose contact. Perhaps something similar is going on here too. Go take it to the Sprint store.