1.    #1  
    hi guys,

im a new pre user. Got mine about a week ago. I like the phone a lot. Trying to decide between it and the motorola droid. Not sure which way to go.

I noticed that there may be some issues with my device though..
    when I tried to activate it a week ago, the screen kept coming in and out for some reason..not sure why..

I got beyond that point and began to use the device. It has a nice os..I like it a lot. I wish it had some more features like visual voice mail and voice dial..also noticed that websites take a while to load..
    regardless, I noticed one annoying thing that im told can be because my device is defective.

I can have my device sitting in idle for a while and after unlocking it, without having any app open, all of a sudden google maps is open. After that, I try to close google maps and my calender pops up? what is that about?

I read on another forum that this is one of many bugs with the software..not necessarily with the hardware.
    I am still within my 30 days with vzw to return it and get a replacement. I think i'm going to do that.

has anyone experienced this issue with randomly opening apps?

I personally think its a defect in the software and think I should probably exchange it for another one since Im within 30 days..any suggestions?

thanks!
    run the webosdoctor and if it fixes it then its a software glitch
  3.    #3  
    forgot to mention that my indicator light at the bottom of the screen never goes on when I get a text message despite setting it up in the settings..
    according to palm, once I get a text message, or something, the light should come on..and it never does..not when recieving messages
  4.    #4  
    i did run the web os doctor and did a hard rest and it still does it
    then its a hardware problem not a software one
  6.    #6  
    since I have 30 days from vzw.. i should be able to exchange it for a new one..shouldnt I?
    Quote Originally Posted by pnico View Post
    hi guys,

im a new pre user. Got mine about a week ago. I like the phone a lot. Trying to decide between it and the motorola droid. Not sure which way to go.

I noticed that there may be some issues with my device though..
    when I tried to activate it a week ago, the screen kept coming in and out for some reason..not sure why..
    Explain what in-and-out means...

I got beyond that point and began to use the device. It has a nice os..I like it a lot. I wish it had some more features like visual voice mail
    try YouMail or Google Voice. here is no native VV unless verizon has a service you can pay for.

and voice dial..
    Maybe in the future...we're all hoping.

also noticed that websites take a while to load..
    Are you on 3G or WiFi and how's the signal? The Pre browser is second only to the iPhone. It's pretty fast.

I can have my device sitting in idle for a while and after unlocking it, without having any app open, all of a sudden google maps is open. After that, I try to close google maps and my calender pops up? what is that about?
    You may, in fact, have a glitchy screen. I'd go back to the vzw store and talk about swapping it out for a replacement.

I read on another forum that this is one of many bugs with the software..not necessarily with the hardware. I am still within my 30 days with vzw to return it and get a replacement. I think i'm going to do that.
    NEVER hear of that as a software issue. WebOS is pretty solid and stable. Again, go get a replacement. I woudn't give up on the Pre just yet...Droid has it share of hardware and software issues too.

I personally think its a defect in the software and think I should probably exchange it for another one since Im within 30 days..any suggestions?

thanks!
    Again, NEVER heard of spontaneously opening apps. Take it back and get another
  8.    #8  
    Hi Milenko,
    to answer your questions..

the first one, the screen would come on and go black and repeat..

im on 3g and the signal is pretty strong..

it seems that this device is actually nicer than the droid..
    I like several factors of the pre, the screen a bit small, but nice never the less.

I know EVERY device has its issues..coming from a bb storm 1 I know even the s2 im sure is still buggy..

its weird that the app is open in the background and I never opened it. Like maps or to do list..never opened it, its just there open..

as far as the droid, yes I have gone through 3 of them..
    I swapped to the pre thiniking it is better..
    Quote Originally Posted by pnico View Post
    Hi Milenko,
    to answer your questions..

the first one, the screen would come on and go black and repeat..
    the screen will turn on when you get an alret (sms, email, alarm) This is normal.

im on 3g and the signal is pretty strong..
    I have 5 bars at home but the throughput here is low. In other areas, I get 2 or 3 bars and still get over 975k...signal strength isn't the only factor for internet speed. You should use WiFi whenever you can as the WiFi chip in the Pre is far more power efficient than 3G.

it seems that this device is actually nicer than the droid..
    Cool to hear that. Although I think that the Droid has a far better screen than the Pre, I don't have much praise for Android. It just seems like an improvement to WinMobile...same metaphors and menus to drill through to do anything
    run back to sprint or verizon and get it replaced lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->