Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jillocb View Post
    Is there an easy way of getting back to the ability to use your Pre on your computer via USB w/o having to hack something? There are many posts about patches and such. How do you 1. Find patches and 2. Uninstall them?
    Thanks...

(can't wait to get rid of this POS)
    To install patches, you would have to download both WEbOS QI and the WebOS Doctor to your computer and use WebOS QI to install Preware, which can also be used to uninstall patches.

You should read this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Is there an easy way of getting back to the ability to use your Pre on your computer via USB w/o having to hack something? There are many posts about patches and such. How do you 1. Find patches and 2. Uninstall them?
    Thanks...

(can't wait to get rid of this POS)
    A little more info would be helpful. I can only guess that you can't get your phone into USB mode, but I have no idea whether you are patched or not so I can't know how to advise you.

If you aren't patched and have never been, it could be as simple as restarting your computer, trying a different USB port or cable.

If you are patched it could be as simple as running EPR from Preware to ensure your phone is clean of patches and then restarting and attempting to connect to your computer.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    A little more info would be helpful. I can only guess that you can't get your phone into USB mode, but I have no idea whether you are patched or not so I can't know how to advise you.

If you aren't patched and have never been, it could be as simple as restarting your computer, trying a different USB port or cable.

If you are patched it could be as simple as running EPR from Preware to ensure your phone is clean of patches and then restarting and attempting to connect to your computer.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Did you get it fixed?

Do you need any further assistance?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12