1.    #1  
    Hi there. Just got me a Pre Plus and have noticed one thing. On the tone for the SMS and Email messages, there is a small pop before the actual sound. Is this normal?

It is only on that sound. It doesn't happen before any ringtones or anything like that. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem. Thanks!
    Hmm. I think I know what you mean. Used to happen quite often to me. Not noticed it recently though. And no idea what it is, or why it sometimes occurs and sometimes doesn't, or why it's not doing it anymore.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that it is just a glitch and will be fixed with a software update. Was curious though if other people had the same issue.
    I'm glad you mentioned it coz I thought I was the only one. I'm also interested if other people have had the same thing.
    Do you guys see smoke coming from the phone after that "pop"?

lol
    I posted about this before. I think it's a software thing and not at all hardware related. I changed the system message from the default sound to the iCQ Uh oh and there is no more distortment on system sounds.
    Oh, ok. Interesting, thanks.

dbd - you reckon I'm not supposed to be cooking popcorn with my pre??! ;-)
  8.    #8  
    Ok, so it's funny because last night I actually put my Pre on silent so I wouldn't get woke up from email alerts and since this morning when I turned the sound back on...it no longer has the "pop" before the tone. Weird but at least it's no longer doing it!