Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When i slide my phone sometimes it just goes black, and i have to hit the power button to make it turn back on, anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, it has happened to me a couple of times also. Also when I slide the phone closed.
    Pre Plus here.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV79 View Post
    Yes, it has happened to me a couple of times also. Also when I slide the phone closed.
    Pre Plus here.
    yeah, thats typically when it happens, anyone know why or how fix?
    I actually returned 2 Palm Pre because of this and the sales guy told me it is a KNOWN problem with the units and swaped it out without a question.
    are you using a theme or patches?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    are you using a theme or patches?
    nope.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i've had the same problem but for some reason mine only does it after it has to go to the doctor.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    When i slide my phone sometimes it just goes black, and i have to hit the power button to make it turn back on, anyone else have this problem?
    It is probably from the battery shifting if the phone is closed too hard. It used to happen on the early sprint pres. Easy fix is to lodge a small piece of paper on the top edge of the battery. It keeps the battery pushed up against the contacts. Give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    It is probably from the battery shifting if the phone is closed too hard. It used to happen on the early sprint pres. Easy fix is to lodge a small piece of paper on the top edge of the battery. It keeps the battery pushed up against the contacts. Give it a try.
    the OP didn't describe a reboot, just a black screen.

It's probably a glitch with a program that he has running in a card at the time the slider is closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    nope.
    this happens sometimes when certain cards are on display when you close the slider....then when you open it, the app has trouble refreshing itself...that's all. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are saying that you go into reboot when you close the slider. That's a completely know 'other' issue. It doesn't sound like this from your description
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    this happens sometimes when certain cards are on display when you close the slider....then when you open it, the app has trouble refreshing itself...that's all. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are saying that you go into reboot when you close the slider. That's a completely know 'other' issue. It doesn't sound like this from your description
    no it reboots, the Palm Logo comes back after i hit the power switch to turn back. it completely shuts down.
    i just started having this issue last night i was txting a friend than i closed the slider n my screen went black, and now its doing it all the time but only while i am on the battery. only thing is i have to take the battery out for it to turn back on properly
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    I actually returned 2 Palm Pre because of this and the sales guy told me it is a KNOWN problem with the units and swaped it out without a question.
    I've returned a Pre Plus for this problem as well. If you are within 30 days, just return it to Verizon and they'll swap it out for a shiny new one. Annoying? Yes, but at least it comes up early and Verizon will replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzmobb View Post
    i just started having this issue last night i was txting a friend than i closed the slider n my screen went black, and now its doing it all the time but only while i am on the battery. only thing is i have to take the battery out for it to turn back on properly

This was one of the first major problems with the Pre. It was caused by a battery that was just a bit smaller than it was supposed to be. The paper fix is one way; another is to take it to a Sprint store and they should give you a new battery. If you search you will find hundreds of posts about this, but we assumed they had fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    has anyone tried this?
    well i just spoke with palm support and the recommended i go return the phone
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    my phone does something similar the screen goes blank however the back light stays lit and it will stay this way for however much battery power u have unless you take out the battery and turn it on again. its random aswelll my phone will be sitting there closed and it will happen if i close my phone really hard it dosent happen so its not the closing of the phone making it happen. anythoughts? oh and its not related to any apps either cause till happen with no apps open aswell as with anyapp open.....it dosent descriminate =p
    well when i spoke to the palm rep earlier he made it sounds as if it was a known issue with the pre.
    Had the same problem and returned the phone only to continue having the problem with the new Pre.... a small patch of paper on the top part of the battery did it for,,,,,SO FAR -)
    after a few returns... you might think about saving on gas money -) Heard from Palm it is a know problem and believe it is the battery casing......not held tight enough in the phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast