1.    #1  
    Well my O2 contract on my iPhone 3G is up and looking for something to replace it, really like the look of the Pre to me its almost a Blackberry crossed with an iPhone!

But there seems to be a lot of negativity around surrounding the Palm Pre is it worth buying or is it go to go the way of the dodo?

Also do we think that the Palm Pre Plus will get a UK release? Would this be worth holding out for?
    I've had my pre since launch,sure it has niggles but tell me a phone that doesn't.
    That said i wouldn't swap it for all the phones from china.
    As far as the pre plus coming to uk,I wouldn't hang on to your iphone till it does.
    Go on take the plunge,join the club.
    Do it, upgrade to the Pre! Absolutely love this phone can't wait to see what happens in the next month or so
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I too was a O2 iphone 3g user. I paid to get out of my contract 2 months early to move over to the pre... and I dont regret it one bit !.. The only thing the iphone has is a gps app that I miss, but I have a tomtom in the car so it's not to bad. I'm really looking forward to this 1.4 firmware update out this month.. that should bring video recording and FLASH which the iphone isnt going to have.

Steve
    I wouldn't trade my Pre for any other phone. Yes, there are occasional bugs, as with any phone, but remember that a higher percentage of posts will be about problems, because people are looking for solutions. Give it a try. It's addicting.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    Do it, upgrade to the Pre! Absolutely love this phone can't wait to see what happens in the next month or so
    What's the upgrade? I would call it a downgrade. WebOs rocks, Palm built quality, hardware innovation and selling policy sucks. Face it: by the time your palm pre (plus) arrives at your doorstep, it is two years old (at least in terms of the technology used) and chances are slim it will reach the age of four (device is fairly likely to break down 3 to 4 times within six months). I'd go android if I were you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joene View Post
    What's the upgrade? I would call it a downgrade. WebOs rocks, Palm built quality, hardware innovation and selling policy sucks. Face it: by the time your palm pre (plus) arrives at your doorstep, it is two years old (at least in terms of the technology used) and chances are slim it will reach the age of four (device is fairly likely to break down 3 to 4 times within six months). I'd go android if I were you...
    i have to agree, hopefully palm will start to address some of the big software problems on the pre, that should solve alot of problems, but that still leaves the hardware......

right now it feels like a brought a HD-DVD player, and wishing i brought a blu-ray player instead!

my advise, is the same to all, WAIT and see what happens with the new firmware, due this month....
    I like my prprpr $and$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $a$ $Plus$, $it$'$s$ $the$ $GSM$ $Europe$ $version$. $It$'$s$ $a$ $phone$, $it$ $works$, $it$ $checks$ $emails$, $it$ $will$ $soon$ $record$ $video$ $and$ $does$ $some$ $acceptable$ $photography$...$and$ $it$ $has$ $a$ $flash$ $for$ $lightening$ $up$ $a$ $bit$...$and$ $the$ $system$ $is$ $nice$ $I$ $like$ $the$ $feel$ $of$ $it$ $and$ $it$ $is$ $improved$ $from$ $many$ $sides$ $official$ $and$ $not$ $official$, $that$ $is$ $a$ $plus$.

Plus it has a centered user base. If you like typing on a keyboard, I recommend this phone...feels a bit awkward at the beginning but you'll get used to the keys in no time...

The abilities are cool for what it is, a smartphone.

And last but not least it has to me the best size of a smartphone around...way more usable than any other smartphone...it fit's in my jeans pocket with no hazzle...that is what I really like about it...I don't like to have an extra bag for my phone :-)

Go for it is what I say...next year or in two years when the contract is up again this will be one of the three mobile systems you can count on...

Besides people around here are cool, way cool.