Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Big deal. Every commercial and advertising campaign right now is directed towards women because of V-day. This is just a good idea if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    LEBOWSKI: What.. What, makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?

DUDE: Dude.

LEBOWSKI: Huh?

DUDE: I don't know, sir.

LEBOWSKI: Is it... is it, being prepared to do the right thing? Whatever the price? Isn't that what makes a man?

DUDE: Sure. That and a pair of testicles.

note, cell phone advertising is not part of this definition

also, they gave the Dude a beeper.
    Didja getcher lines mixed up?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Palm sold millions of Centros - a lot more than my old Treo 680. I read that the demographic for the Centro was heavily female. Many of these phones are hitting the end of a 2 year contract - my wife included - voila!
    Pink Pre's just around the corner?
    Get in touch with your Pre spot?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    many moms drive suvs and many commercials for suvs target moms. Doesn't stop everyone else from driving one. Just show off all the things pre can do that guys like and it will stop appearing girly.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Didja getcher lines mixed up?
    nope, there correct.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    So, i had a similar experience as the OP.

1) went to VZW store on 1/25 (release of prep plus of course). and really did a ton of research on all the smartphones VZW had to offer.

2) guy tried to talk me out of buying it in the store and said to just get it online. i said, look man, it's either a $100 Gift Card or 100 bucks mail in rebate. i want the phone today!

3) guy tried again about 3 more times to tell me to get it online instead but he'll sell me the touchstone charger from the store, but said, i may want a droid instead (like 3 times).

4) Dude told me the reason he doesn't want to sell it to me is because if i return it, they get hammered in the commission and yelled at for not selling the right device to the customer.

5) had the gps issue, and some hardware issues with the phone, and returned it to exchange for another pre plus, the tech service desk said, why don't you exchange it for a droid? (are you kidding me?)

6) called VZW tech support 611, again about the gps issues on this "new" phone, he said, how many apps do you have? about 1000, i said, yeah, about 1100... he said, dude, i have a droid, just get a droid, it's still under 30 days. I said, what is it with you guys and the droid? my god! what is wrong with vzw?

7) palm support, called them about gps issue, they had no idea what i was talking about and they said... buy a droid instead.. (kidding). but they had no clue what was up with gps.

8) that's it. i guess the $$ margin on the pre is pretty slim for VZW compared to the droid, because VZW has no interest in pushing this product. but no, it's not a chick phone, and it is a great OS especially after the patches, and cranking it to 600mhz.

I'm a computer consultant, and have been for a very very long time, and i'm pretty techy, and i love this phone. it's smooth, and the best part, multi tasks like a mofo.
    I take it the reps are young adult males. Tell them the pre has better 3d games.

And about the pre being girly because it's curved and sleek. Sports cars are curved and sleek too.
    sounds like verizon reps are tools who are highly influenced by marketing techniques of the masses just like sheep! I would just order online and not have to deal with the likes of them
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I'm using both the Pre and Pixi. Both my Droids however are sitting in the desk drawer. My wife hates Palm so she is bouncing between a Tour and a Droid Eris...
    For all of those worried about being looked at oddly because you are using a Pre and you are a guy, just use the line I use: I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    For all of those worried about being looked at oddly because you are using a Pre and you are a guy, just use the line I use: I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

A friend said something along that line, me being a sissy for using a curvy phone. I showed up at the next gig in a dress and wig.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt View Post
    I'm using both the Pre and Pixi. Both my Droids however are sitting in the desk drawer. My wife hates Palm so she is bouncing between a Tour and a Droid Eris...
    I use an Eris(Never used any Blackberry except 1st gen Storm and that was an EPIC FAIL)

Your wife will love the customization of the eris
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    just use the line I use: I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

I always thought that line was funny!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    The Pre isn't a girls phone. Verizon is simply marketing their latest phone for an upcoming holiday.

It helps to be secure and intelligent when shopping.
    The first Pre I played with belonged to my brother-in-law. There isn't a feminine thing about him. He just likes what he likes. I never even saw it as a girls' phone. Especially since HRG from Heroes uses one! Now, the Pixi on the other hand, well the name implies small and feminine. But even though I'm a girl, there's no way I was going to get something that was lacking in processor speed and wi-fi for a few dollars difference.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Don't listen to the ****ing representative. When I'm at the VZW store, half the time they don't know *** they're talking about. Or they straight up say "I have no clue." Wow, really? Is the Droid too complicated for you? There goes your potential buyer. (Btw, Droid was just an example that I saw).

You know, if anything, they base their knowledge on phones from the training sessions they receive. You'd be lucky if you found someone who was so enthusiastic about phones and check out sites like BGR, PA, Engadget, etc.

If Pre got the spotlight that Droid received..
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Here's how you market to women:

Here's how you market to men and women at the same time:

ummmm no

neither market to women, specifically the women I know find them both to be blah.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/07/2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234