1.    #1  
    so i was working on palm when all of my apps disappeared from my phone. i was removing a theme from my phone and after it reset they were gone. the apps on my wave launcher are still there but other than that, nothing. has anyone else ever had this problem? can anyone think of a solution because i'm stumped. thankfully i backed up my phone earlier in the night.
    try a full erase or dr?

can you still plug your phone into usb mode to get your pics and whatever else you want off just in case?
    Last edited by GuessWho727; 02/05/2010 at 11:36 PM.
    O.O
  4.    #4  
    yeah there is still information on my usb. i just got finished pulling everything. i'm now trying to do a full erase.
  5.    #5  
    a full reset didn't do anything. some apps started but i can't see any apps on the phone.
    try the doctor?
    return it and get another..if dr. Does not work
    I've had this same problem for about 2 weeks now. I'm deployed overseas so I can't doctor my phone because I won't be able to sign into my profile without Sprint service. I was close to getting the Meta-doctor working but I accidentally updated ubuntu and now it won't boot. Now I have to install it all over again on the very slow wifi we have around these parts.

I can still use it to browse the web by opening the calender from quick launch, find a facebook birthday event and click on the link to open the browser. You can also email yourself a link, open the email app and use that link to get to the web browser. Once the web browser is open I just keep it open. Other than that, it pretty much suck for me and my Pre right now. Good luck, hope you find a fix soon.
    My problem isn't so much with apps but with the extra launcher pages. I still have the default 3 (no patches) but the one with the app store and device tools aren't there. I am happy to do a reset but can't get to that page now. Even the little hash marks are missing
    Every time I think about trying homebrew, rooting, patches, etc.

I read a post like this and it scares me off.

Maybe some day I will try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarblues View Post
    so i was working on palm when all of my apps disappeared from my phone. i was removing a theme from my phone and after it reset they were gone. the apps on my wave launcher are still there but other than that, nothing. has anyone else ever had this problem? can anyone think of a solution because i'm stumped. thankfully i backed up my phone earlier in the night.
    Had this happen to me twice and it comes up quick and without warning (would be much nicer if it said...Hello, your Pre has a problem that we need to fix...would you like too know), and instead simply does a resets purging all applications and begins reinstalling what came from the App Catalog.

In my case, I was having problems removing old Patches and I probably caused my own fault trying to correct things, but either way tried the usual emergency patch removal processes on Preware and WebOSQuickInstall, but those EPR tools don't seem to remove everything, but only what it presently registered as being installed????

For instance, I used to have other patches installed on my system including:

1. Virtual Keyboard - after Palm's Auto Reset no longer installs
    2. Multi Patch - also now gone
    3. Landscape PDF Viewer - also no-longer removable or re-installable (error normally reports unable to install...directory already exists or is unmovable) Most similar to this guys Problem with the Mutli Patch

When My Pre reset, it deleted All of my Apps (legit through the App Catalog and illegit through Preware, WebOSQuickInstall, etc). After reset, the Palm Repair Process auto downloads all of the App Catalog installs, but doesn't recognize or reinstall from any other location.

I'm guessing some of these patches and enhancement also work out of the media folder in the ecrypt (whatever they call it) directory, and they also got erased and won't reinstall.

To be honest, I only have a brief understanding of how and where patches and addons are installed and removed, but after the two times Palm popped up to report something like (it goes by quickly) "your App Directory is Corrupt with Errors and needs to be Reset", the other Patches and Sideload apps get thrown to the curb and no longer function, install and work properly.

Actually, Sideload Apps will reinstall, but previously installed patches no longer work and re-installs fail. I've tried manually uninstalling things via Terminal or otherwise, but so far nothing successful.

I'm sure I'm not alone and plan to run WebOSQuickRepair this afternoon and see if I can correct my Patch Problems still having issues.

Please also note, this is not a complaint to Palm or otherwise (except maybe for the instant reset and short notice...you don't even give us a countdown). I understand patching and using tools like Preware and WebOSQuickInstall are sideloading (what word you guys use to describe what these apps do?) stuff that Palm did not intend for us to have.

If you stick your hand in the fire...sooner or later you will get burnt. Sorli...
    mine did this also when i was removing a theme i lost all my apps i did the luna restart after removing the google theme and they were all gone so i just powered off phone then powered on and all apps are there hope this helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarblues View Post
    If you power your phone back on, you will be able to see them. The backlit display requires backlighting in order to see things on the screen....