Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've read a lot of the threads regarding the problems everyone is having with the Touchstone, and unfortunately, I am having the same problems. My phone charges to 100%, then it starts giving off a strange buzzing/electric sound and the screen turns on every 15-30 seconds.

I've been charging my Pre for a couple hours before I go to bed, then taking it off the Touchstone and putting it in Airplane Mode. I do this because the buzzing that's coming from the Pre/Touchstone sounds terrible; I'm paranoid that I'm causing damage to the device. Anyone have any theories?

Frankly, I find it quite ridiculous that Palm didn't identify this as a problem during development—pre release. While its kind of trivial, the Touchstone was one of the things that made me take notice of the Pre when it was originally announced. It peaked my curiosity and caused me to think Palm was serious about innovation and staying relevant in the market-place.

I hope Palm addresses this problem and gets it fixed in the near future.
    I've been using two touchstones (one at home and one at work) with two different Pre's (mine and the wife's) now for months without one issue. I love them.
    No, it won't. I can see how you may think this, but Palm wouldn't release it if it would destroy the Pre.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Although I have heard/read about this problem I haven't had any with mine. Maybe Palm should be like Toyota and recall them all before the National Palm Pre Police tell us to stop using them. LOL
    I have never heard of one making a buzzing sound before. Mine does keep connecting and disconnecting and makes that chime noise (if that is the right word) which also keeps causing the notification to keep popping up. I am pretty certain that the problem is that the two little prongs in the phone itself are not making a full contact with the little metal plates on the touchstone backing.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    the screen turning on and off every 30 seconds with the chime noise at 100% is caused by a faulty touchstone, and you should be able to get it replaced at the store you bought it from, and the electric/buzzing noise is caused by a faulty back cover that can also be replaced, however, no your phone will not be damaged by either issue
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    ...you should be able to get it replaced at the store you bought it from...
    I bought it from Amazon. Online retailers are extremely convenient to purchase from—not so much for returns.
    take it to sprint and just tell them its not working correctly they should replace with no problems . just dont offer the info of where you got it . they are going to get their money back for them from palm regardless of where they were bought.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzld View Post
    I bought it from Amazon. Online retailers are extremely convenient to purchase from—not so much for returns.
    actually, Amazon is great for returns. Very easy! They have some of the best customer service of all time.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywaller View Post
    actually, Amazon is great for returns. Very easy! They have some of the best customer service of all time.
    Yeah, I guess my comment was a little unfair. Amazon does have great customer service—I love Amazon Prime! I just meant the process of boxing stuff up, getting return labels, waiting on shipping, etc was a pain.