1.    #1  
    I'm a Verizon customer currently in contract so I do not receive the discount if I buy directly from Verizon. Really don't want to pay 600 for the phone at Verizon. So If I buy a Pre off Ebay or Craigslist and I have a problem with the phone will Verizon still honor the 1 year warranty?

I stopped in Verizon today and asked that question. They were not sure since the phone may have been activated on someone else's number.

Thanks for any help
    No...
    I have a similar question.
    I bought mine on Ebay ,build date is Oct 6 2009.
    Will Palm honor 1 year warranty from build date without warranty card or bill of sale?
    I bought Squaretrade insurance,but it doesnt cover
    accidental damage.
    Now I wonder if case/screen cracks due to manufacture defect,Squaretrade wont cover it.
    Palm only covers devices sold to the original owner.

Good luck
  5.    #5  
    What if the phone was never activated by the first owner? The reason for asking, I see all kinds of Pre's on Ebay that say brand new in box, never activated.

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Palm only covers devices sold to the original owner.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    What if the phone was never activated by the first owner? The reason for asking, I see all kinds of Pre's on Ebay that say brand new in box, never activated.
    Sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you meant.
    I'm not sure about this. I think you're in the clear as you bought it from a legitimate retailer...be it eBay. So long it hasn't been previously activated, I don't know how Sprint or Vzw would know that you didn't buy it from an affiliate or mail order.

I've heard of Pre's purchased from Radio Shack and were swapped out for a warranty replacement at a Sprint store and vice versa. Can't imagine that a new box purchased from eBay cell phone retailer couldn't be much different....however YMMV
    IF the phone was never activated, then you should be ok, becasue Verizon goes off the day it was activated for the first time as long as it is on the account it was first activated on. However, you should be very careful on eBay. If somebody bought the phone as an upgrade just to sell on eBay, they would have to activate it on thier account before selling it. Most people just activate it and deactivate in right away. You can do this online through My Verizon without even taking the phone out of the box. This would hurt your eligability for warranty service. So if you buy a phone off eBay, you need to be certain that the phone was never activated, not even to release the esn off of an upgrade order.
    Thanks for info.
    Mine was first activation.Not a refurb either.
    Ebay Seller "Cellphone360" advertised it as used but perfect.
    Actually it was new in box .
    I got it for $202 .