1.    #1  
    How do you scroll back? When i have App Catalog open and I choose a catagory, i then choose an App to research before download, decide i dont like and want to go back to the previous page, i always have to close out the Catalog and then reopen to go back to searching. I have the Palm Pre Plus, your help is appreciated community.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    from middle of gesture area swipe left.
    a white dot light will appear to da left after swiping back a screen
    You all are helpful and nice. I would have answered hat "the feature to do that will be available in WebOS 1.4" (which would not have "technically" been a lie)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #5  
    while i appreciate the help, it does not seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    while i appreciate the help, it does not seem to work.
    do the little lights animate to show that you did the gesture properly?

is the back gesture working in other applications, and just not in the app catalog? i've never heard of this issue before... :-/
    Are you saying that the touch screen itself is not responding at all? If there is some sort of software hang (I had one happen while running Sprint Navigator and then navigating to other screens while in NH yesterday. I pressed my LED button and then I was able to navigate to SprintNav and kill it. After that everything else unfroze. If you have a Verizon Pre, I'll suggest that you press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. A menu should appear and one option will be to power off the phone. Tap this selection on the screen. Once the phone fully shuts off, you can turn it back on and boot it back up by pressing the power button again for about 2 seconds once the phone has powered off. Hopefully this unsticks you. If not, post again and I or someone else might have more ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    How do you scroll back? When i have App Catalog open and I choose a catagory, i then choose an App to research before download, decide i dont like and want to go back to the previous page, i always have to close out the Catalog and then reopen to go back to searching. I have the Palm Pre Plus, your help is appreciated community.
    I have a similar issue when I launch an update for an app from Preware. The app launcher opens with the app update page, but if you try to swipe back on the App catalog, it just minimizes to the card. I think this is because since the card opens first on the app scene, there is no "back " to go back too... Kinda annoying cuz I wish there was way to go back to the main app launcher page...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    it doesnt matter what APP I am using, if i am in something and want to go back a page I cant, and not sure what to do to fix. Maybe my phone is just broken.
    Can you get to a store and ask tjem?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Can you get to a store and ask tjem?
    not till tomorrow, but that is probably my best bet. i love this damn phone.

thanks again guys, looking forward to being a bigger part of the community.
    The one last thing you can try (which I normally might not recommend, but in your case, I think you have nothing to loose) is to pull the battery and reinsert it after a minute or so. The back cover will seem strange to remove if you have not ever done that yet. You put your fingernails under the the cover in the bottom corners (like below the keyboard area) and then near the top sides. When 3 or for spots are loosened, it will pop right off (almost magically) by itself. The battery just lifts out. Leave it out for a minute or two just to be sure, then re-insert it. You can leave the cover off for a minute. I think the phone will power up when the battery is inserted. If not, press the power button for a couple of seconds. Your phone will reboot and most likely be fine. Let me know if it does not work. I can probably search for videos on how to do the gestures.