Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ive noticed that some swedes seem to have a working App Catalog so im curious how you created your Palm Profile. Thought we might add our own results and our way of activation below.

Profile/Activation SIM: Telia
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps

Dont dare to erase mine and create a new one until I know I can get access to the App Catalog again as I have some installed from last year when it used to work.

----------------------------
    Andreas
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps, (The action could not be completed)

Winterbay
    Profile/Activation SIM: Tele2

frause

loni86
    APP Catalog Status: 210 apps (all free). (prob activated in Germany)

tomoqv
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telia (now on Tele2)
    App Catalog Status: 539 apps

KallistiMan
    Profile/Activation SIM: TDC
    App Catalog Status: 117 apps

steveaw
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telenor (now Telia)

beca
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telia, activated in spain and on original profile
    App Catalog Status: 237 apps
    Last edited by Andreas; 03/02/2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Profile/Activation: Tele2
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps, cannot even start it atm

Edit: I'm sort of tempted to do a reset and create a new profile with my SO's German sim-card but I'm not sure it'd actually work...
    Last edited by Winterbay; 02/06/2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Profile/Activation SIM: Tele2 or Telia, I honestly don't remember.
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps with 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.2. I had some free apps with 1.3.1. Right now i says: "This action could not be completed."
    Chosen country when creating profile: US of A
    Device details phone number: Swedish

EDIT: palm.com/palmprofile says my tele2 number under "device" so I guess I created the profile with a Tele2 SIM.
    Last edited by frause; 02/06/2010 at 06:56 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    APP Catalog Status: 210 apps (all free).
    WebOS version: 1.3.5.2

I created my network by just going down to basement and out of 3G range.

I have never had problems with the App catalogue, even though its pathetic compared to my Iphone with only 200+ apps.

Two months in though and Phone still partly crippled since 3G data works and MMS doesn't cuz Tele2 was clever enough to leave MMS APN without a login or pass, and Palm hates that.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Strange that it works for loni86 on Tele2 but not for frause or Winterbay.
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    APP Catalog Status: 210 apps (all free).
    WebOS version: 1.3.5.2

I created my network by just going down to basement and out of 3G range.

I have never had problems with the App catalogue, even though its pathetic compared to my Iphone with only 200+ apps.
    What version of WebOS was you on when you created your palm profile? And what country did you select?

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Strange that it works for loni86 on Tele2 but not for frause or Winterbay.
    Maybe it has to do with the profile selected country and it's relationship to the country of origin.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I created my profile on the version it was shipped with back in october, was that 1.1.2 or 1.1.3? Selected UK for country/language settings.
    I created my profile on the version it was shipped with back in october, was that 1.1.2 or 1.1.3? Selected UK for country/language settings.
    I created my profile form the 1.1.3 version since that is what it was with when I bought it in Germany. I created the profile in Sweden since my SIM-card wasn't activated yet when I bought the phone and I also selected UK since I thought it was the language settings for the phone and that sounded like the most reasonable language to choose on a new phone
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Chosen country when creating profile: US of A
    I think this is your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    I think this is your problem.
    Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.
    I think you should have chosen a EU country (like the UK as I did with mine) because you are using a EU MSP (just a guess).
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Profile/Activation: Tele2
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps, cannot even start it atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    and I also selected UK since I thought it was the language settings for the phone and that sounded like the most reasonable language to choose on a new phone

Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    I think you should have chosen a EU country (like the UK as I did with mine) because you are using a EU MSP (just a guess).
    It seems not selecting the UK is not the problem...

I'm from Denmark and i had mine created in germany with a o2 card, got "full" gsm catalog

lexb --> are you saying that sweden aint a EU country ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    I'm from Denmark and i had mine created in germany with a o2 card, got "full" gsm catalog

lexb --> are you saying that sweden aint a EU country ?
    No, he's saying you shouldn't pick a non-EU country when creating your profile if you use a EU carrier.

What country did you pick when setting up your palm profile? You can check by going to http://www.palm.com/palmprofile

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    But its not working for either me or frause so it doesnt seem to matter if you select USA or UK?
    DELETED: Sorry, I misread.

It would be interesting to know what loni86's palm profile says under country and device details, though...

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

It would be interesting to know what loni86's palm profile says under country and device details, though...
    Indeed, ive tried resetting mine twice now, didnt work with either a UK profile or a German profile so I guess I need a o2 SIM to get it working.

Hi, I remember that I created my profile by selected UK since I thought that would determine the language and it did.

My Palm profile says:
    Language: English

My palm pre was bought on german ebay and it came with 1.2.1 If I remember correctly.

I have attached a screenshot of my app catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    Hi, I remember that I created my profile by selected UK since I thought that would determine the language and it did.

My Palm profile says:
    Language: English

My palm pre was bought on german ebay and it came with 1.2.1 If I remember correctly.
    Does your Palm profile show your Tele2 number under "Device details"?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast