Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Er... I can. Just updated to 1.4.1 and the my Pre says "Tele2" with a 3G icon. And no roaming icon. Roaming data disabled.

With 1.4 and below it said "Sweden 3G Tele2" and roaming on 3G and Tele2 on 2G.
    That is... odd. Mine still says "Sweden 3G Tele2" and the annoying R in the corner makes data traffic unavailable unless I allow data roaming.

I just checked and I have 1.4.1 (at least according to the device info).
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just read the post above and decided to give it a try. I can confirm 3G on telia with roaming turned off and network set to automatic. The upper left corner says Telia even when the 3G symbol showing. Updated to 1.4.1 the other day and i'v noticed that I get less reception on the signal strength meter anyone else noticed that?
    // Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Just read the post above and decided to give it a try. I can confirm 3G on telia with roaming turned off and network set to automatic. The upper left corner says Telia even when the 3G symbol showing. Updated to 1.4.1 the other day and i'v noticed that I get less reception on the signal strength meter anyone else noticed that?
    // Beca
    Maybe the changes aint in our Pre's but in our carriers system?

I seldom use 3G as I only get 0-2 bars while at work so I couldnt tell if it gone worse or not.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Strange. I've tried several settings for the Network, 2G, 3G and Automatic and Data settings. But I either get "Telia" with "E" or nothing. Have anyone tried the Manual settings? Maybe we could try to talk to Telia.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrikk View Post
    Strange. I've tried several settings for the Network, 2G, 3G and Automatic and Data settings. But I either get "Telia" with "E" or nothing. Have anyone tried the Manual settings? Maybe we could try to talk to Telia.
    Just tested and Telia works for me, both 3G and 2G. No roaming.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Andreas, beca and frause: Have you all modified your db3-file for the carriers? I wonder if having a modified one could be part of this thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Andreas, beca and frause: Have you all modified your db3-file for the carriers? I wonder if having a modified one could be part of this thing...
    No modification here.

Edit:
    md5sum /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3
    28a8cb36b699337961d827a35496b1b0 /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3
    Last edited by frause; 04/08/2010 at 05:39 PM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    No modification here. I run 1.4.1 without any modifications or patches. Decided against patches after I updated the first time with one or two patshes still active, and that's not recomended. Had to doctor back to get rid of the patches that got stuck, and updated again to 1.4.1. Now everything is working. Even seems a little faster and I don't have to restart the Pre every day, which makes me very happy.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Mine is edited but its just the MMS-settings ie a change of port number and IP.
    What mms setting does someone with a working tele2 have?
    I think in order for you to get MMS working on tele2 you need to edit the db3-file since the Pre can't seem to accept the fact that tele2 Sweden doesn't have a username/password on its mms-service. As soon as you enter empty data the prefill it with something else (Null_somthing).

This is not a problem for me so have not done anything about it since I've never in my entire life sent an MMS

The correct data is:
    MMS APN: internet.tele2.se
    Username: Blank
    Password: Blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.tele2.se
    MMS Proxy 130.244.202.030.:880
    Max size: 300

At least I think that is what it should be, I have not checked up on the last three ones.
    according to tele2 customer service, you are correct but on one thing the port nr, it should be 9201 (mine was 8080 but didnt work). On the other hand, 9201 didnt work either.....

damn...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Try and edit the database instead so that you can enter the portnumber into the field mmscPortNumber instead of putting it together with the IP in mmsProxy.

So, delete the portnumber from mmsProxy and just leave the IP there. Then enter the portnumber into mmscPortNumber. Atleast this works on Telia.

If you need any help I could edit it for you but you have to install it yourself with WebOS QuickInstall.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    When the original (build 202) of 1.4.1 came out I still had roaming on Telia 3G. But now after 7 weeks in Asia and I come home to Sweden I was supriced to see it showing only Telia instead of Sweden 3G Telia. And no roaming. I do not know if my phone been updated to 1.4.1 build 205, or what ever number it is, or that there is some other change that has made this work better.

Update: I am still on build 202
    Last edited by jpyllmn; 04/26/2010 at 03:59 PM.
    That is... odd. Mine still says "Sweden 3G Tele2" and the annoying R in the corner makes data traffic unavailable unless I allow data roaming.

I just checked and I have 1.4.1 (at least according to the device info).
    Aaaargh! I just recieved a new SIM from Tele2 (a white one) to replace my old (yellow) one that apparently committed suicide, and now I'm back to the "Sweden 3G Tele2" roaming issue...
    Seems like it is something the SIM reports differently and that is not consistent between SIM "versions".

Still not roaming on Telia.
    Anyone got mms for 3 working and willing to share how?!
    So... I activated my Palm eurostore-bought Palm Pre 2 in Sweden with a Swedish Telia SIM with UK/English language setting and a brand spanking new Palm profile.
    And I've got apps. Free apps.

I'm still on WebOS 2.0.0 and it is not updating to 2.0.1.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456