Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good luck with the phone, I'm really enjoying mine! My friends are too, one of them sent me this strip today:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Haha! But I'm not so worried about the Palm financial situation or if they will be eaten up. As long as my Pre is working and there's a bunch of WebOS software programmers out there.

Cellar access, Spanish SIMs, friends in Germany... it's funny what a Palm owner has to be equiped with.. I'd thought a charger was enough.
    So, finally. Got my Palm Pre from Expansys. Activated it with my Telia SIM (from 1997...), created a new profile. Got 330 apps in App Cataloge (BETA tagged). Running WebOS 1.1.2.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Yes, once you update to a newer version of WebOS and start the App Catalog you have to accept a new user agrement that gives Palm the right to block you. =)

So download the ones you think you want before upgrading.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Yes. Update to 1.4 with WiFi over my Telia adsl will be the best option I think.

But it's strange. I have Telia (changed my account to flat rate Mobilsurf Alltid), and the connection icon shows "E" (must be Edge, right?). Why not 3G? Can it be because the Telia/Tele 2 issue discussed earlier?

Tried to download some apps. I can see the list and categories and the app download page but when I trie to download I get the message "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later."

Hm, think I'll try to upgrade first after all.
    Hi guys,

Just joining the thread, to share experience and hopefully solution, as the issue is not only for the swedish users but for any european users not under O2 contracts and activation (correct me if my understanding is wrong!).

In my case, purchased a german lock-free device from a french importer. He activated it for me with a french SIM. At that time, I was living in the Netherlands, so used it with a dutch Vodafone SIM and from 1.3.5 on, I had access to all the free apps.
    Now I moved to Italy, replaced the Vodafone SIM by a Wind one, upgraded to 1.4, and it is just the same - access to all free apps.

Nevertheless, I do not see the NFS and other stuff that was released for O2 countries/customers, and that worry me for what will concern the post 31/3 era... Will we, non-O2 european customers, be technically able to get paid apps?? I feel like same restrictions/filtering currently applying to EA free games will also apply.

So, your point of views? Has someone found the ultimate trick to reactivate/free our germans palms used outside of germany? Let them behave like a German O2 device, what they should do as at the end, we paid O2 for these!!

Cheers
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrikk View Post
    Yes. Update to 1.4 with WiFi over my Telia adsl will be the best option I think.

But it's strange. I have Telia (changed my account to flat rate Mobilsurf Alltid), and the connection icon shows "E" (must be Edge, right?). Why not 3G? Can it be because the Telia/Tele 2 issue discussed earlier?

Tried to download some apps. I can see the list and categories and the app download page but when I trie to download I get the message "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later."

Hm, think I'll try to upgrade first after all.
    Go in to the phone and the preferences take a look and se if you have the network setting to only 2G or automatic! With automatic the Pre shuld chane between 2G and 3G when the signal strength is good for 3G the Pre shuld run 3G, also with Telia you got to turn on roaming to get 3G to work. Giv it a go I use 2G only to preserv battery and edge is enough to do some surfing and use gps. When at home I use 2G and wifi.
    Still amazed by the Pre!!
    //Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    0 apps in app cat for me. on 1.41 now...

O2 germany imported , activated on tele 2 pre.
    Last edited by Theonlyix; 04/01/2010 at 04:35 AM.
    Has anyone tried resetting the phone, making a NEW profile with O2 germany setting?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It will probably work but you need to activate using a supported SIM.

If/when it work it still won't let you get paid apps since Palm only allow you to use credit card from the supported countries.

Shouldn't come as a susprice if this business modell leads to piracy.
    Yep. Also, I can't seem to update the apps that claim that they want to be updated either anymore. Anyone else have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    It will probably work but you need to activate using a supported SIM.

If/when it work it still won't let you get paid apps since Palm only allow you to use credit card from the supported countries.

Shouldn't come as a susprice if this business modell leads to piracy.

I wonder if it would work with that sim card in Sweden!?

Release the ******* phone in Sweden already!!!!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Anyone else on Telia noticed that you no longer need to have Data Roaming enabled to have data traffic working in 3G mode?

They seem to have sorted out the operaror name too as it used to say 'Sweden 3G Telia' but now its just 'Telia' ie same as in 2G.

The webOS 1.4.1 update wrote over my edited database so its seems like its been updated and things are moving forward.

Its still had the incorrect settings for MMS though.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04/05/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    seems like things are moving forward.
    Wait a minute... Am I still on the Palm Pre forum?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Wait a minute... Am I still on the Palm Pre forum?
    Its a strange feeling, aint it?

Lucky they didn't managed to change the faulty MMS-settings at same time as that probably would have me fainting and start hoping for a imminent launch here. =)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Cool, wasn't NL available in the credit card settings too? Maybe it wil soon become an official webOS country.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Hi there, Any of you updated to 1.4.1 noticed less reception then before? I live in an area with poor reception with all providers except Telia. So I use Telia for all my phones. After updating to 1.4.1 I get less reception. Before I culd use my Pre downstairs under ground with 4 marks on the reception meter on 2G now I get only SOS or no service.
    // Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I'd just like to add in that you still can't use Tele2 3G without having data roaming active so they didn't solve that part of the problem...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Strange, I compared an older database with the latest and cant see any changes for my operator so maybe its due to something else.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04/06/2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    I'd just like to add in that you still can't use Tele2 3G without having data roaming active so they didn't solve that part of the problem...
    Er... I can. Just updated to 1.4.1 and the my Pre says "Tele2" with a 3G icon. And no roaming icon. Roaming data disabled.

With 1.4 and below it said "Sweden 3G Tele2" and roaming on 3G and Tele2 on 2G.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast