Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have 117 apps in the catalog. I think I activated via TDC actually, not wifi. You can add me to the list in the first post if you want.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I thought we would see a pattern if we listed some users from Sweden but instead it seems more like luck if you get access or not.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    You bet 4350NOK = 5375SEK
    I was to tempted though as I really don't fancy too much the idea of having stuff from abroad if **** should hit the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I thought we would see a pattern if we listed some users from Sweden but instead it seems more like luck if you get access or not.
    Yes, which is really annoying
    I'm tempted to go and get an O2-card when i go to Germany in March for business just to be able to activate the phone "for real" in a "correct" country...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Got tired of having no apps at all so went back to 1.1.3, 299 apps.
    Palm Pre (german from expansys) running on Tele2 in sweden.

Works great except from MMS and my App catalog shows 268 apps.

Bought my phone in november and didn't have the app catalog at start, but it came with an update I think.
    I've been trying to get the Evernote app (free, doesn't show up for me) so I sent them a support mail. A guy from Evernote responded that its not showing for him either in California and that they have raised it with Palm who is troubleshooting. I don't know if its the same problem though. When trying to download the FlashCards Lite app directly I'm getting the same error as for the Evernote app, as seen in the attachment. The App Catalog basically says: "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."

One idea that just occured to me is that its messed up because I'm running 1.3.5.2 (World Ready) but having en-us set as langugae and it says US in my profile.
    Try setting the "Format" to United States as well. It seems that if both are set, it kind of reports you as being in the U.S. Not sure this will get past their filters, but it may help. You can change it back once you get all your apps if it does work...
    Will Palm ever release an unlocked GSM version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Will Palm ever release an unlocked GSM version?
    The German O2 Gsm Pre's are unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    The German O2 Gsm Pre's are unlocked
    Well the poster above was probably thinking unlocked in the sense that when you manually set - they work and when you enter app catalog you get same number of apps especially if you are in the same country and carrier.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    Well the poster above was probably thinking unlocked in the sense that when you manually set - they work and when you enter app catalog you get same number of apps especially if you are in the same country and carrier.
    Lets name it un(b)locked.
    Deal, un(b)locked it is

Can't wait to get to try 1.4, hope mms issue is solved soon. I need my MMS working. A picture says more than a 1000 words. But then again, this phone is so crazy awesome. It does so much at the same time. I have an Iphone and the UI feels boring and old. Then again, in Iphone, you have the "there is an app for that"-scenario.
    Well... If they continue down this path there may be a "There is an app for that, but you can't get to it" scenario instead
    I posted on the wrong thread, here is how you can download evernote and show all 1880 Apps .... and download some.
    steveaw
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telenor (now Telia)
    App Catalog Status: 0 apps, (The action could not be completed)
    I just tried (meta) doctoring my phone a couple of days ago, created a new profile, and I'm still getting "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."

It was still activated using a TDC SIM, 1.3.5.2 with QWERTY-doctoring and en-us settings. Does anyone else get the same error, or do you get "this app is not for your country"? Next thign to try is to try through a US IP using VPN.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just orderd a unlocked Pre from zkyevolved in Spain, that means a QWERTY keboard. I'v been waiting for this!! I will try to activate the phone using Telia and se how it goes before I try anything else. Any sugestions that can help to activate successfuly would be helpful.
    I'll let you know if I get access to the appcatalog.
    //Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If you cant activate in 3G mode, go somewhere with crappy reception so that it switches to 2G.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    If you cant activate in 3G mode, go somewhere with crappy reception so that it switches to 2G.
    Hi Andreas
    OK use 2G. But please tell me why I can't use 3G for activation.

Please keep good ideas coming.
    //Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast