Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Yes it does!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Very strange, I have the same settings in my profile so all that differ is the carrier.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I am guessing that the previous owner might have activated it on O2 in Germany. But then again, when I first powered it on, it asked me for an activiation. Which didnt work since I was roaming, and having read something from Andreas that he needed to get out of coverage to activate it, I went down to the basement and it worked. There I entered UK and English and I havent had problems with my app catalog despite the updates.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Glad that its working for you.

Me, myself and I just lost all installed applications, tried to create a new profile but when that didnt work I logged back into my original one. It backed everything up just fine...except the apps.

Guess I will have to try and find o2 sim.

Önskar att jag hade en Voodoo docka som föreställde Rubinstein.
    It is interesting since I have the exact same things in my profile as loni86 and I still do not have any apps in my catalogue.

I might have to try and do a reset and create a new profile with my SO's German card. I will not lose as much if it doesn't work, I only managed to install a Soduko game and a Spanish dictionary before the catalogue went missing so not that much of a deal...

Would it be possible to activate two different phones with the same SIM-card?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Was nice to have Friendsbook facebook app but I guess I can do without that.

Not sure on using the same SIM twice, please let us if it works.
    Activation through wifi after doctoring it with 1.3.5.2 and then using TDC. Probably a danish SIM, TDC seems to have messed up when delivering the SIMs to my company. I have a number of apps, can't see how many, but the catalog says Beta all over it. My profile says Country USA.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    How do you activate with Wifi?
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telia (now on Tele2)
    App Catalog Status: 539 apps
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    Profile/Activation SIM: Telia (now on Tele2)
    App Catalog Status: 539 apps
    Same activation as me and it differ 539 apps between me and you. Palm, what have ive done to offend you?

Maybe its been activated by the seller in Germany.
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/07/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    So, we have two cases of persons on different carriers having very different results in their app catalogue.

Tele2: Me - 0 apps, loni86 - several apps
    Telia: Andreas - 0 apps, tomoqv - 539 apps

This is rather odd I'd say... Previous activation might be the key here, but you'd think that it should be the current profile that is deciding on what you egt but apparently it isn't...
    There is alot of things strange with this phone to tell you honestly.

Now, seriousky, how can I have 210 apps, some having 0 apps and others over 500apps...I don't get it.

I have been in contact with Palm about other issues so calling them about this isn't probably that smart but still must be somekind of fix on the way or atleast someone here that has a solution.

Help the Swedes out forumexperts, we gave you Ikea, H&M, Volvo..Ericsson...the list is long, pay your debt now! Get something right
    I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I actually doctored it (WebOS 1.1.3 I think, with activation bypass) before I managed to get it activated I recall now... (it's over 3 months ago). I may have done the activation over WiFi after that. Subsequent updates have only been done OTA. Mine is o2 locked, running with the RebelSIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    frause I think yr right with the phone number theory. I had my Profile created in Germany with a o2 card and I do have access to the GSM Catalog and if i go to Palms website to se my profile it lists a number that isn't mine
    Now, this is interesting...

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I'm going to order my Pre from "Goma" in the forum to get QWERTY keyboard. Maby I shuld get him to activate the Pre in Spain before shipping to Sweden. Or have any of you guys got the app catalog working on Telia? What do you think? Please help a fellow Swede!!
    Last edited by beca; 02/10/2010 at 07:54 AM.
    tomqv's phone is running on telia with apps. Andreas' phone is running on telia without apps. Why this is we don't really know...
    So, I've now tried to activate my phone with my finacée's O2-card. Did not work. Most likely due to the card being a pre-paid card that need to get data activated first and the Pre does not seem to want to accept the settings from the operator.
    Önskar att jag hade en Voodoo docka som föreställde Rubinstein.
    That would be a great app! Especially if it had more dolls, like Steve Jobs, George Bush, my neighbour etc. 8o)
    Please help a fellow Swede!!
    Unlocked GSM on sale tomorrow for NOK 4.350 (excluding VAT).
    Currencies are not working for you though ...
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Unlocked GSM on sale tomorrow for NOK 4.350 (excluding VAT).
    Currencies are not working for you though ...
    You bet 4350NOK = 5375SEK
    I vill save 800SEK getting it from Spain.
    No need to hurry.

// beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast