1.    #1  
    My touchscreen is nonresponsive and was wondering if I take it to Sprint will they exchange it on the spot or will I have to go through Assurion?
    is there any physical damage on the pre
  3.    #3  
    No but it is patched with battery as % and date shows next to the time. The power button is also not working so the screen won't turn off and my battery is draining quickly. I need a functioning phone by tomorrow.
    im assuming that you have insurance on the pre but yes sprint will exchange it but it takes a few days for a repalcement to ship to the sprint store
    If there isn't any obvious physical damage, something like the touch screen not working should be covered under waranty. Which doesn't require an insurance claim.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  6.    #6  
    I'm at school right now and would prefer going straight to the store instead of going home and doctoring it back to factory specs. Will my patches screw me over at all?
    ive returned 3 pres with patches and had no problems
    i didn't think the warranty covered the touchscreen...
    it does
    The question they might ask is whether the touchscreen stopped working after the phone was dropped. I vaguely recall someone saying this happened when they dropped their Pre, and they noticed a chip somewhere near the battery area that was ajar, and things worked again when they pushed it back in. Maybe I'm on crack, but it's worth a try. Regarding not being able to turn it off, you can either put the phone on the charger or remove the battery if you need juice in the event that you need to return it. Take the battery cover off and make sure everything looks clean, dry, and in place before returning it. If you have a store that does repairs, they can probably fix the power switch for you.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    i didn't think the warranty covered the touchscreen...
    You're definitely on crack!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    You're definitely on crack!

it was a valid question/statement, being abusive really is not very (a) supportive or (b) helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    it was a valid question/statement, being abusive really is not very (a) supportive or (b) helpful
    Sorry, I was joking (continuing oh the theme where I said I was on crack myself in the immediately preceding post). I didn't add a wink emoticon, so my sense of humor failed this time. I generally try to be supportive and I'm sorry I came across the wrong way. I guess I "owe you one" now!
    SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - What is the Pre's warranty?

i think the real issue is if the failure has to do with a mechanical defect (like a broken touch sensor) or if the device was damaged. I am not very familiar with how the Sprint/Palm warranty (and/or insur) works, but found a decent writeup on sprintusers that seemed really helpful.

-------------------------------------------

Manufacture's Warranty:

Mechanical and electrical defects are cover for one year; sofware issues are not covered (according to black and white righting). [Broken or damage LCD, LENS, or charging ports, or H2O/Mosture damage are user fault]

Device is subject to diagnosis to determine by discretion if the device is repairable or must be replaced, whereas replacements can either be refurbs or new devices depending on availabilty.

Any pre-exisiting or co-existing damage to the phone by user fault voids the manufactures warranty.

Sprint extended Warranty (ESRP $4.00 mnthly):

Mechanical, Electrical, and Software defects are covered for an indefinite period of time. [Broken or damage LCD, LENS, or charging ports or H2O/Mosture damage are user fault]

Device is subject to diagnosis to determine by discretion if the device is repairable or must be replaced, whereas replacements can either be refurbs or new devices depending on availabilty.

Any pre-exisiting or co-existing damage to the phone by user fault voids the Sprint extended warranty.

Sprint's Asurion (TEP =Total Equipment Protection $7.00 mnthly):

This has two parts;

Mechanical, Electrical, and Software defects are covered for an indefinite period of time. Any pre-exisiting or co-existing damage to the phone by user fault voids the Sprint extended warranty. [Broken or damage LCD, LENS, or charging ports or H2O/Mosture damage are user fault]

Any pre-exisiting or co-existing damage to the phone by user fault or either lost or stolen occurences are intitled to a replacement phone with a $50-$10 deductible that is limited to 3 claims a year.