Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's a good one, Parsons.
    hey dbd r u gonna finish your other thread ha ha ha . sorry just messin lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey dbd r u gonna finish your other thread ha ha ha . sorry just messin lol

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    shh... lol...
  3.    #23  
    Thanks everyone, especially you super doer. I will hopefully going sometime this week, or I might wait till the end of the month when my phone plan can be canceled closer to the start of the month if I am happy with what I have.

    I will be back at some point to let everyone know how it went
  4. #24  
    NP, I was beginning to be a bit concerned that I might have scared you off. Going from a dumb phone to a Pre is going to be a huge leap, but the good think is you won't have all the pre-conceived notions of how "things should work" that people coming from smart/feature phones always have. You are really going to like the Pre no matter which carrier you end up choosing. (Maybe you can send me a picture from a moonlit beach once you get it!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #25  
    Has anyone ordered the pre from walmart recently? It says back ordered and was wondering how far back its back ordered, it was the cheapest I could find.
  6.    #26  
    So yea, I said meh screw it so I ordered via Amazon, probably not the best way but I get it for a tad bit cheaper. And do not have to fill up the car as the drive would end up costing a bit. Stupid gas prices. I hope all goes smoothly.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
    So yea, I said meh screw it so I ordered via Amazon, probably not the best way but I get it for a tad bit cheaper. And do not have to fill up the car as the drive would end up costing a bit. Stupid gas prices. I hope all goes smoothly.
    You better check the fine print to be sure. Not sure about Amazon, but I heard of people having to pay astronomical amounts to terminate contracts on WireFly (even if Sprint let you terminate the contract for free, WireFly wouldn't).

    The other concern I have when I looked where you live on some coverage maps is that I'm not sure whether they have EVDO out there. Without EVDO in many places, browsing on the web will be very slow. Home or work wifi will be fast. (I would think they would, but the thumb of Wisconsin is pretty rural, right?)

    EDIT: Maybe Amazon does not have the same issues as wirefly. At least a quick search did not immediately turn up bad stuff. Just carefully read the contract to be sure it's one you can live with. Good Luck!
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/10/2010 at 09:51 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8.    #28  
    I know EVDO is fine with celcom, as for others I am unsure of. Most people around here have cellcom as they are pretty cheap and local. So only time will tell. And I hope Amazon is fine, phone should be shipped in 7 days according to when I ordered. So time will tell and thanks for all of your help and support sudoer, you have been really helpful.
  9.    #29  
    I do have another quick question though, what is it I hear about updating after 1 year? How does it work and do you have to add another 2 years to the 1 year you still have?
  10. #30  
    Good. Hopefully Sprint has roaming agreements with Celcom. Sprint's own EVDO seems to be centered around Madison and Milwaukee. You probably have a trial period (a few days to 30 days) to see if it works before being locked in. I hope it works out well for you! It's definitely worth a try!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
    I do have another quick question though, what is it I hear about updating after 1 year? How does it work and do you have to add another 2 years to the 1 year you still have?
    I think it kicks in automatically after you have been on Sprint for 3 months. The minimum monthly plan for the Pre on Sprint (Everything Data 450) will qualify you for this. You should see something on the Sprint website (using your login) once it has happened.

    EDIT: Your contract will never be longer than 2 years total. After a year (or a year and a month if you need more time to scrape up the cash for a new phone), when you get the new phone, your contract will restart and be two years long. After another year, you can do the same things again. The 1 year upgrade is only for the "primary line" (which is all you'll have). If you had a family plan, the other phones would still have to wait 2 years (really I think 22 months) to upgrade the phone at the cheapest price.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  12.    #32  
    Alright thank you, I was just doing some random surfing and nextel seems to work decent in this area as of 2 years ago not sure about EVDO though, so that being said sprint should as well ? You have been so helpful and patient with my uninformed self thank you again sudoer



    Did some more surfing and a new tower was put up here recently but not sure what it is for. Friend said sprint, but he is not usually a reliable source.
    Last edited by CheapTrick; 02/10/2010 at 11:12 PM.
  13. #33  
    Go to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint and click on "Coverage", then enter you zipcode to see a map. It shows coverage of most of the thumb but some if it's roaming coverage. That page is only one for "voice" (so that would be 1xrtt coverage).

    To see Sprint EVDO coverage, see this page:
    Sprint Business - Sprint Mobile Broadband Coverage

    None of this said anything about what EVDO coverage is available through roaming. I guess you won't know for sure until you get the phone.

    I don't think you can extrapolate anything about Sprint coverage from their Nextel coverage.

    EDIT: People helped me years ago when I was in the same boat as you now. What goes around comes around. You'll eventually get your "turn" too.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  14.    #34  
    Using Sprint - Nationwide Coverage it seems like I have service @ on my zip code 54235 but time will tell how well that map holds up, if all works the true test will be heading to green bay where I will hit more country type surroundings.
  15.    #35  
    For the year update thing, is it at a higher price or the 2 year contract price?
  16. #36  
    Maybe I won't say this exactly correctly, but normally you get a $75 rebate after a year and a $150 rebate after 2 years. Often the 2 year upgrade price after the $150 rebate is at or close to the "new" price. The Premier status will get you another phone with the $150 rebate or an equivalent or close price. I think in your case (being a real "new customer") you are getting a better deal at $79 for the Sprint Pre than someone with Premier eligibility might get (who might pay more like $99 right now). I might not have all of this "exact" but you get the idea. The deals might be better or worse in a year once you are eligible for upgrade. (Only time will tell for sure.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Maybe I won't say this exactly correctly, but normally you get a $75 rebate after a year and a $150 rebate after 2 years. Often the 2 year upgrade price after the $150 rebate is at or close to the "new" price. The Premier status will get you another phone with the $150 rebate or an equivalent or close price. I think in your case (being a real "new customer") you are getting a better deal at $79 for the Sprint Pre than someone with Premier eligibility might get (who might pay more like $99 right now). I might not have all of this "exact" but you get the idea. The deals might be better or worse in a year once you are eligible for upgrade. (Only time will tell for sure.)
    Thanks I have to put a 100$ deposit though and I have 150$ "credit" on the account the 100$ i get back after 1 year, due to having NO credit. Not bad credit but no credit, which in the end is pretty much the same thing.
  18.    #38  
    Should get it some time today, pretty happy and I hope it has no issues!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
    Should get it some time today, pretty happy and I hope it has no issues!
    Did your phone arrive, and if so, how is it working out?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions