1.    #1  
    I ran Webos Doctor to reset my pre but when it finished and restarted with the diagrams, I went to put the SIM back in, but the screen shows nothing and none of the key cmobinations will resurrect it.

I tried:

- Power switch and 3xmute button
    - Volume up and Power button and USB in
    - Volume down and Power button and USB in
    - Orange, Sym, U
    - Orange, Sym, R
    - Battery out for 30 minutes with SIM
    - Battery out for 30 minutes with no SIM

Any ideas or is it a brick for sure ?
    have you tried to doctor it again? another possible fix would be the repair utility (I might thy that first)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that aside from dropping your Pre in a body of water, or take it for a spin in an open MRI, it was damn near impossible to brick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    I was under the impression that aside from dropping your Pre in a body of water, or take it for a spin in an open MRI, it was damn near impossible to brick.
    Its not impossible to brick, but its damn near impossible for it to stay bricked! It can be restored 99% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
    I ran Webos Doctor to reset my pre but when it finished and restarted with the diagrams, I went to put the SIM back in, but the screen shows nothing and none of the key cmobinations will resurrect it.

I tried:

- Power switch and 3xmute button
    - Volume up and Power button and USB in
    - Volume down and Power button and USB in
    - Orange, Sym, U
    - Orange, Sym, R
    - Battery out for 30 minutes with SIM
    - Battery out for 30 minutes with no SIM

Any ideas or is it a brick for sure ?
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Hasn't failed yet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Done that - the remedy there is number 2 in the list in my post of things I tried.
    Nothing appears on the screen.

Hasn't failed yet.
    -- Rod
    Has now :-(
    you should plug your phone in and charge it for and hour or so and then try again . Try this then try the power off hold down volume up button trick
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you can also try the first link in my signature it may or may not help you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Done that - the remedy there is number 2 in the list in my post of things I tried.
    Nothing appears on the screen.

Has now :-(
    I was referring to the bootloader recovery process at the very bottom of the page I linked.

-- Rod
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I was referring to the bootloader recovery process at the very bottom of the page I linked.
    Ah, OK, thanks. I will try that.

My Pre shows no signs of life at this stage, no palm logo, no charging light, nothing. Is that normal ?

I notice that the screen, although staying black, gets hot. It is even warmer than the battery. Is that normal ?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can also try the first link in my signature it may or may not help you .
    My post count is low, so the administrators here think that means I should not see links in signatures. Some people seem to enjoy making up silly little rules for the rest of us >-(
    My post count is low, so the administrators here think that means I should not see links in signatures. Some people seem to enjoy making up silly little rules for the rest of us >-(
    What about in the message?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1971994
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What about in the message?
    Yep, I can see them there ( but it seems another petty rule means I can't post them, even when quoting you ).

Thanks for that, althought I had seen the link before, it turns out.