1.    #1  
    Didn't see a thread about this, and I searched.
    Seriously?
    the search sucks on this forum... when doing a search you really don't get much on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    the search sucks on this forum... when doing a search you really don't get much on it..
    you just suck at searching
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    you just suck at searching
    Ouch - a bit harsh maybe??

Searching on forums is an art and takes practice.
    I just heard there was an upgraded Pre released to VZW. More memory and more storage space. No way!! I want Palm to release the same phone on Sprint and give all of us "beta testers" a free upgrade.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched and could not find it...
  7.    #9  
    Obviously some of you have time to read every single thread from top to bottom, I dont . So I rely on a quick scan of the titles and a search, for which neither nfs or need for speed woked.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Obviously some of you have time to read every single thread from top to bottom, I dont . So I rely on a quick scan of the titles and a search, for which neither nfs or need for speed woked.
    It's more accurate to say we have the intelligence to complete a basic search.

Every single post I made above was from a search I did. And it shows you the title of each, not really much skimming skills needed.

If you'd like I could also find the front page articles on the same topic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Ouch - a bit harsh maybe??

Searching on forums is an art and takes practice.
    That's no joke. I find vBulletin's search algorithm to be pretty crappy most of the time, especially on a forum of this size. It often returns irrelevant results ahead of good results. In trying to be smart, it makes simple searches almost impossible unless you know how to format the search arguments to get it to do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I just heard there was an upgraded Pre released to VZW. More memory and more storage space. No way!! I want Palm to release the same phone on Sprint and give all of us "beta testers" a free upgrade.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched and could not find it...
    I see what you did there, sir.
  11.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's more accurate to say we have the intelligence to complete a basic search.

Every single post I made above was from a search I did. And it shows you the title of each, not really much skimming skills needed.

If you'd like I could also find the front page articles on the same topic as well.
    I guess it's stupid of me to expect to be able to type in a few words like need for speed into the search and get anything.
    WebOS 1.2 is here!!!!!!!
    sorry smithe68 but nfs was something that was covered HUGE in the Pre press from CES. There were several front page articles on this. I just did a thread title search for "nfs" and the first ten threads in the list are dealing with nfs...

ok maybe so.....

but do you think NO ONE made a thread about the first real 3D game for the Palm Pre....you just didn't search and now your trying to play it off hahaha
    The best way to search any vBulletin board is using Google with "site:"
    Example Click for google search example
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ok maybe so.....

but do you think NO ONE made a thread about the first real 3D game for the Palm Pre....you just didn't search and now your trying to play it off hahaha
    ...that's been out for a month, that's 14.28% of its life!
    lol this is awesome!!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I guess it's stupid of me to expect to be able to type in a few words like need for speed into the search and get anything.
    Default quick search method is within the body of all posts, rather than just titles
    and obviously the words "need" "for" and "speed" show up in a lot of
    posts. If you want to do a Title only search then bring up the advanced
    search screen, type Need for speed, and tell it to search in Titles only
    and you'll get exactly what you want. Just clicking on the advanced
    search link *once* would have made that pretty obvious.

ian