1.    #1  
    questions.

Is it possible to read documents in PDF View, and Document View in landscape mode. I've tried holding the Pre every way, but it never changes, and Ive also tried the drop down menu, but there doesnt seem to be an option for it.

Also, I downloaded pReader yesterday, and on my Pre, I have separate folders to stay organized. One I have titled "e-books" another "documents" etc. When I try adding them "to library" on pReader it says "your document list is empty", and there doesn't seem to be an option to allow me to add them to my pReader library from those folders. Any ideas or suggestion?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Search Preware for "PDF" and you find the patches needed for landscape view. I don't know if there are patches for docs.

pReader is a third party app. You can read this thread to see if it has been requested/added:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...doc-files.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Search Preware for "PDF" and you find the patches needed for landscape view. I don't know if there are patches for docs.

pReader is a third party app. You can read this thread to see if it has been requested/added:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...doc-files.html
    Thanks for the heads up. Youd really think on the PDF and Doc viewers apps. theyd have landscape ability. I mean wow, thats insane. I'm still keeping my Pre "virgin" for now, at least until 1.4 comes out before I decide if I want to install Preware, or not. I havent had any problems yet with anything (knock on wood) on my Pre, and Ive noticed a lot of people that have installed Preware run into probs. I usally hack the crap out of my phones too, but I'm being more cautious with this one, and gonna wait til 1.4 to see what it brings. Thank you very much though for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Youd really think on the PDF and Doc viewers apps. theyd have landscape ability. I mean wow, thats insane. I'm still keeping my Pre "virgin" for now, at least until 1.4 comes out before I decide if I want to install Preware, or not. I havent had any problems yet with anything (knock on wood) on my Pre, and Ive noticed a lot of people that have installed Preware run into probs. I usally hack the crap out of my phones too, but I'm being more cautious with this one, and gonna wait til 1.4 to see what it brings. Thank you very much though for your help.
    Yeah. That is insane. Is there anyone with a laundry list of stuff to do so someone can get Palm's priorities in order?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    If I was the software lead and I had 15-30 software engineers at my disposal docs and pdf would be low on my list of things to get updated. If you search the forums you'd find very few people actually bring the doc and pdf problems up, which would lead me to think very few people actually use it or are having problems with them. In other words, they are low on the public radar, bumping them lower than things like video recording, flash, email, performance, etc. I expect they have teams of 3-4 engineers working each sector of webos (performance, development, graphics, etc) so eventually a team should come around to our low priority problems.

For the pdf viewer in particular, I'd think it will be awhile before they show any activity in developing it since there is some legal issues with some code they used.
    Slashdot Your Rights Online Story | Palm Sued Over Palm Pre GPL Violation
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    If I was the software lead and I had 15-30 software engineers at my disposal docs and pdf would be low on my list of things to get updated. If you search the forums you'd find very few people actually bring the doc and pdf problems up, which would lead me to think very few people actually use it or are having problems with them. In other words, they are low on the public radar, bumping them lower than things like video recording, flash, email, performance, etc. I expect they have teams of 3-4 engineers working each sector of webos (performance, development, graphics, etc) so eventually a team should come around to our low priority problems.

For the pdf viewer in particular, I'd think it will be awhile before they show any activity in developing it since there is some legal issues with some code they used.
    Slashdot Your Rights Online Story | Palm Sued Over Palm Pre GPL Violation
    whoa, good points and article.
    if you're experienced with hacking your phone I wouldn't worry about preware, I'm a relative neophyte to it have been patching since september and have had no issues that weren't easily fixed with a little care and effort. I have 105 patches working.The pdf patches I've had no problems with and they increase usability, but nothing has fixed the problem of some pdf just not working... I think alot of people are waiting for dataviz to have a fully functional docsto go, esp. Since they were a launch partner. Maybe you need to just take the files out of the folder for preader I don't kbow if it supports folders, but it does work very well...