Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So advertising is a big deal and with Video recording on the way this month what better way to advertise then to shoot and showoff clips on various websites such as youtube! I really think this update will add a little extra kick in pre sales! One huge advantage that most people haven't realized is that you can shoot on location and upload immediately to youtube, facebook etc no matter where you are (if you have coverage of course). That's a feature that so many point and shoot cameras/video recorders can't even do! What are your thoughts?
    can other phones do it (the upload immediately part)?

and, how excited are you? then, i'll be able to tell you if i'm at the same level you are.
    I'll barely use video recording. I've got an hd camcorder for that job. I'm looking forward to possible speed improvements and flash when it comes. I'm not sure how many people will actually upload video immediately to youtube etc...
    I'm excited to stop hearing people hear complain about the lack of video recording. I could care less myself.
    I'm excited, don't need to spend the cash on a camcorder, and I have to say when I had my centro I used to video app more than the camera itself especially on special occasions!
    YouTube Mobile Uploads Up 400% Since iPhone 3GS Launch

I have 2 young kids and personally look forward to being able to capture the silly stuff whenever and wherever it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I'm excited to stop hearing people hear complain about the lack of video recording. I could care less myself.
    x2...I've had prerecord since it came out...i never use it...i just want a faster phone lol..
    Is Build Quality (TM) improved on 1.4?
    I will never use it and would MUCH rather Palm spend the time working on bugs, improved speed, improved calendar, and improved battery life.
    No, I would be excited if the UMTS modem wouldn't panic (crash) anymore.

Of the new features (although not directly related to 1.4) I consider the PDK to be the most important as it gives developers the opportunity to build apps which are otherwise not possible to make.

Oh, and if we Europeans would eventually have full access to the app catalog, that would be nice to see too.

If all those current issues are fixed, then I would probably care about video recording.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I want it and I'm excited. It's another feature, where's the downside in that? Besides, while I didn't use it all of the time, I did use it sporadically when I had the Centro. I believe that enough people want it to warrant Palm spending a little time implementing the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Yes, that.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm excited to be getting flash, video recording ehh, not so much.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    It will be nice to see what you are recording! LOL
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I think for mainstream smartphone users that video recording is a marketing requirement.

I also think it will be nice to have but the lack of zoom, autofocus, microphone on the wrong side, etc. all make for lackluster performance that I can quickly improve on by carrying a camcorder to events. It will be nice to have for those capture now moments tho.

Level of excitement for video recording on a 1-10 : about 3.

ymmv
    Video recording would be nice, but flash will sell more phones, IMO. I cant wait to rub flash in my iPhone friends faces. Yea, take that..........
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    Video recording would be nice, but flash will sell more phones, IMO. I cant wait to rub flash in my iPhone friends faces. Yea, take that..........
    Don't be made when they start laughing as your phone freezes and locks up and requires a restart
    I'm excited that people will start complaining about the pre not having a camcorder. I mean every phone for the last 7 years I have owned has had a recording feature and I have not used it a single time so I could care less. Why would I want to record something with a crappy phone camera. If I want to do that I will just use my HD Camcorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I have 2 young kids and personally look forward to being able to capture the silly stuff whenever and wherever it happens.
    I completely agree with this. I used the crappy video recording on my centro pretty frequently. I miss that capability.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    For the guys that use the old argument of " I use my $x thousand dollar camcorder/camera to take pics", most photographers follow one of the basic rules of photography which is...

the best camera is the camera that you have with you.

yeah I'm looking forward to this one
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast