Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    The 1.4 update is a myth...at least thats how it feels.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    The 1.4 update is a myth...at least thats how it feels.
    It is a myth.. Palm never promised anything that we would get 1.4.
    you all are getting excited over nothing... video was a hoax
    I digg...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Gotta say. I am not excited about Video recording at all. I bought phone, not a camera.

Now, if Voice activation/dialing/command/memo was coming out, then I would be excited.

Video? No. Didn't use it on my Samsung upstage, doubt I will use it on my Palm Pree
    I understand that some people are not excited about video recording, but the REALITY for MOST mobile phone users is that video recording is essential. Sharing still photos and video is a key feature.

Snapping a picture or recording a short video of something in front of you, anywhere, on the spot and then sharing it with the world is a big part of the mobile experience. That experience, in part, has been lacking on webOS and a lot of my friends and co-workers have resisted the Pre because of it.

It's a feature that should never have taken eight months to implement and Palm will sell more phones once 1.4 is released (if they market the phone properly, which unfortunately, they probably won't).

The best camera is the one you have with you. I'll still grab the HD camcorder for big events like birthday and the such -- but having a phone that can shoot video is something I've been missing a lot.
    And there's some, like myself, who don't have a camcorder.
    So using of the Pre's video recording is going to be big, at least for me.
    I'm ready whenever the are!
    I'm excited. I used the video recording a lot on my old Centro. It'll be great once it's enabled.
    Does anybody know if this recorder will also have just audio recording capability? It would be really nice to have some sort of audio memo pad or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    The iphone is 12 fps or something like that and it sucks.. hopefully the pre is 30fps..
    I am looking forward to the recorder.. probably won't use it a ton but it's nice as an option... kinda like the camera.. I don't use it alot but the quality is good enough that it is useful from time to time.
    framerate is very smooth. i was surprised, and even performs well in low light

Quote Originally Posted by ikky View Post
    Does anybody know if this recorder will also have just audio recording capability? It would be really nice to have some sort of audio memo pad or something.

nope. aleast not ATM
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789