Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    im kinda hoping with the update, they also add the ability to zoom in and zoom out with the camera...is that possible?

i was at an mma event with a few of my buddies and was sitting in the upper bowl. both my friends had iphones and were able to zoom in closer to the cage. meanwhile i had to settle for pictures of two ants fighting inside a distant cage. of course they annoyed me by saying that the pre sucks compared to the iphone. in conclusion, i hate my friends.
    All digital zoom is doing is cropping the picture before you take it.

Yes, its closer on the phone, but you could just as easily take your picture and do the same crop on your computer and it would look the same.

In short, I hate digital zoom.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I think purpose of having camera features on a phone is different from using a real camera. I have two SLR cameras and there is no way Pre or any phone can replace them. However, it is nice to be able to take quick snapshots from time to time, and Pre is pretty good at that. The quality is not as good, but I take my phone to many more places than my SLR cameras.

I think the video feature is the same and personally, I care far less about video quality.
    I have an DSLR and, yes, it is too bulky to carry around all the time. I do carry a small Canon Powershot and I can pull it off my belt and take a picture or video *far* quicker than I can with my Pre:
    1. hit the power button
    2. slide the lock icon
    3. enter the unlock code
    4. tap the camera icon (which, for speed, I've added directly to the launch bar)
    5. wait for the camera app to load
    6. frame the picture
    7. hope I tap the button (yeah, I know, there's a patch for that)
    8. wait to see if it took the picture *when* I clicked the button
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i can't wait to see all the PrePr0n that gets made.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    I have an DSLR and, yes, it is too bulky to carry around all the time. I do carry a small Canon Powershot and I can pull it off my belt and take a picture or video *far* quicker than I can with my Pre:
    1. hit the power button
    2. slide the lock icon
    3. enter the unlock code
    4. tap the camera icon (which, for speed, I've added directly to the launch bar)
    5. wait for the camera app to load
    6. frame the picture
    7. hope I tap the button (yeah, I know, there's a patch for that)
    8. wait to see if it took the picture *when* I clicked the button
    You might try the open to camera when unlocked in landscape patch, see how it works for you. It is available in preware.

I may end up using it myself after 1.4 comes out.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'll start off by saying I have not read all 6 pages of this post, but will say I personally haven't seen as much excitement for an update since 1.2.1.

At Palm we hope to be able to continue to build on this excitement and continue to release updates that the community and other users are excited and anticipating. I can easily say that all updates won't be as exciting and as big as this one, but we are just another step closer to building an amazing device to fit everyone's needs.
    Umm??? cool??? So who are you, and what do you know? and WHEN is the darn update
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

for the guy with the canon powershot
    why not take off the pin code, keep the camera app open and use the spacebar for taking quick photos, you know it's been said that the pre can actually snap multiple photos before most digi's can take 1 ...

bet that would save you some time for sure and than no need to carry around a camera and phone ....
    It would be nice to have reliable video recording capability, precorder is a bit buggy and you didn't know if you were actually recording something. Usually it would record on the second try.
    All I want is an app that will open rtf and docx word docs. Anyone out there that can help me?
    I have kids and can't wait for the recording feature. I'll record and send videos on the spot by way of Facebook so all my friends and family can view. And flash will also be high up there for me. I love the Pre! Wouldn't want another phone. Keep adding stuff to make it better, Palm! You're doing a great job!
    I hope they fix the image handler issue, it is really annoying to get an image in an email and then the phone says it cannot open it.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I can't wait!!!

when will it come???

we need a video cam so we don't have to but ONE more device to lug around!!!!
    I don't want to

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Very VERY happy to have video recording!!!!!

I have two kids, and when I moved to the pre from my centro, it was hard. A lot of cuteness happened that I never got to record.

Bring it on!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I'm excited that people will start complaining about the pre not having a camcorder. I mean every phone for the last 7 years I have owned has had a recording feature and I have not used it a single time so I could care less. Why would I want to record something with a crappy phone camera. If I want to do that I will just use my HD Camcorder.
    This is going to be way better than the other cameras on other phones. People will use it. Its in your pocket all the time. You dont have to carry around a big camera you'll have on in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    can other phones do it (the upload immediately part)?
    Droid does it. Even has a share button built in to the camera interface.
    Not too excited. Too many other basic fixes I'd rather have first.
    The primary issue is that the camera doesn't face you. Video messages, or video conferencing; that's what a video camera on a phone should be for.

Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I think for mainstream smartphone users that video recording is a marketing requirement.

I also think it will be nice to have but the lack of zoom, autofocus, microphone on the wrong side, etc. all make for lackluster performance that I can quickly improve on by carrying a camcorder to events. It will be nice to have for those capture now moments tho.

Level of excitement for video recording on a 1-10 : about 3.

ymmv
  17.    #137  
    Thanks for highlighting my post Precentral gurus!
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Umm??? cool??? So who are you, and what do you know? and WHEN is the darn update
    It's pretty obvious he works for Palm.
    He probably knows everything about the 1.4, wouldn't be surprised if he had it on his.
    The "darn" update is this month.
    You know that, silly.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    All digital zoom is doing is cropping the picture before you take it.

Yes, its closer on the phone, but you could just as easily take your picture and do the same crop on your computer and it would look the same.

In short, I hate digital zoom.
    you can already zoom on your phone and then just take a screen shot
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i almost took this phone back when i realized it didnt have video. then i heard it was coming and i started to fall in love with my pre so i kept it. i have three kids under the age of 5 and i use the phone video all the time. and send video by message to grandparents, it is a must have for me
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast