Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have been using Precorder as of late. I loved the low quality camcorder feature on my 755p, used it quite a bit. For some reason Precorder was hit or miss when I first installed it, but now it is working very well, I haven't received any playback errors in my last 15 to 20 videos. I do welcome Palms new camcorder app with a view finder.
    650700p755pPre
    I'm really not interested in the video recording at all but I'll probably play with it a little bit when it's released just because it's something new on the pre
    Hopefully along with the video recording comes API access to audio recording - phone and meeting modes. I had Call-Rec on my 755P - terrrific tool for a lousy note-taker like me.
    The phone-audio aspect also opens the door for Apps like Skype.

Need Skype.
    Must have Skype...
    (Sorry - no hi-jacking intended!)

Oh, I suppose it woul dbe nice to record the Thanksgiving fireworks display this year, too!

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Are you the asshat that I had to hit the gas on this morning because you had your phone pressed against the window doing 17 in a 35?
    I don't think that was me, but I am an ***-type-hat.

oh, the website is http://roadragerelief.phpbb3now.com and I'm in the middle of changing it to a better name.
    Would have been nice for this snowstorm we are having,
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I'll start off by saying I have not read all 6 pages of this post, but will say I personally haven't seen as much excitement for an update since 1.2.1.

At Palm we hope to be able to continue to build on this excitement and continue to release updates that the community and other users are excited and anticipating. I can easily say that all updates won't be as exciting and as big as this one, but we are just another step closer to building an amazing device to fit everyone's needs.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    My wife and I have four kids. This would make those "cute little moments" much easier to capture and share. Can hardly wait!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think I may setup a Youtube account to share my Videos online.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I never really used the video on the centro or any other phone for that matter because there was no way to get it off the phone and use it. Mobile uploads is huge for me. No camcorders are that easy.
    I guess the beauty of Palm and their updates with webOS is that it always makes our phones better. To bring such things as Flash and video recording, on top of the great tweals and enhancements, just makes this update this much better. Let's just enjoy and appreciate the work and how much Palm listens to all of us!
    For all the grandparents on facebook that would like to see clips of the grandkids playing soccer. Now we just need to get a 10in handheld webOS tablets to give to the great-grandparents.

If you ever been to assisted living ( not the full care nursing home ) a 10 inch webOS device that would allow them to keep connected to family and play games to keep their minds active ( rather than just watch TV ) would sell well. I was hoping for the GiiNii Movit to come out last year. But, maybe the Norton Adam will be affordable.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just want to see palm use the damn GPU for the entire webos.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    I don't like the idea of lugging around several devices to do everything I want to do. However there is some to be said about a device that is a jack of all trades. Does everything, but none of it well.

I want the video capability for those times when I need it, I will still take all my devices on trips and camping and such. But it is nice to have the ability on the fly.

I think the camera on the Pre has awesome picture quality (for a phone), if the video is anything like that it should be pretty good. Also shown at CES was the ability to upload and send view e-mail or MMS. I think those are the features I am looking forward to the most, being able to share what I have captured with my friends and family, instantly.

I also used Pre-corder, could never get it to function reliably. The video quality was fairly good, when it worked.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 02/16/2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: need to proofread better :)

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I'm excited to stop hearing people hear complain about the lack of video recording. I could care less myself.
    +1 and amen!

As a photographer, the Pre's photo quality is, um, well, bad. Too wide, too "jpeg artifacty", too chromatically aberrant. I carry a similarly sized Canon and get photo *and* video *and* ease of use. It *is* easier to upload to Flickr from the Pre via e-mail, though. I will give it that.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It's a nice feature to have but it is not a reason I would buy a phone for. I'll be happy as well to stop hearing people whine and complain that the world is gonna come to an end if they can't shoot video1
    ditto for me, people really buy cell phones thinking they gettng a high quality camera?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfphysics View Post
    I never really used the video on the centro or any other phone for that matter because there was no way to get it off the phone and use it. Mobile uploads is huge for me. No camcorders are that easy.
    I second this. I think I never cared about upload to Youtube because it is a pain, even on a PC. I hope it will add support to Flickr as well, because it also supports Video now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I second this. I think I never cared about upload to Youtube because it is a pain, even on a PC. I hope it will add support to Flickr as well, because it also supports Video now.
    Have you ever uploaded to youtube? I have never had a problem, maybe your computer is just slow.

just saying...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    +1 and amen!

As a photographer, the Pre's photo quality is, um, well, bad. Too wide, too "jpeg artifacty", too chromatically aberrant. I carry a similarly sized Canon and get photo *and* video *and* ease of use. It *is* easier to upload to Flickr from the Pre via e-mail, though. I will give it that.
    I think purpose of having camera features on a phone is different from using a real camera. I have two SLR cameras and there is no way Pre or any phone can replace them. However, it is nice to be able to take quick snapshots from time to time, and Pre is pretty good at that. The quality is not as good, but I take my phone to many more places than my SLR cameras.

I think the video feature is the same and personally, I care far less about video quality.
    I use precorder but I cant wait to get the official app to be able to upload to facebook and youtube without having to send the video as an email
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.