Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mullrat View Post
    For the guys that use the old argument of " I use my $x thousand dollar camcorder/camera to take pics", most photographers follow one of the basic rules of photography which is...

the best camera is the camera that you have with you.

yeah I'm looking forward to this one
    Yeah. That argument has gotten kinda old, at this point. I greatly prefer the pix I take on my real camera, but I REALLY prefer having a lower-quality (but nice) camera phone pix over higher-quality non-existent pix because I didn't have my camera in my pocket at the time.

I've got a great camcorder, but it's kind of a pain to have it hanging around waiting on an opportunity, but also protected so no family member sits on it or knocks it on the floor. Having the recording ability in my phone alleviates that burden, somewhat.

Obviously, different people's priorities will result in different responses to these types of topics, but I don't get why others don't get why some of us would prefer to have one device that does many things instead of multiple, higher-quality devices to drag everywhere.

I used to do the utility belt thing. It got old. (Of course, the iPod was HUGE back then.)

Anyway, I'm not super-duper-excited, but it will be a welcome change.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I think video recording is a basic function that I've always had on many phones. I'm glad we will get it soon. Also, I think it would be great do upload directly to facebook and youtube. Just my .02
    Video recording is one of those things that you won't want or need until you have it. I've recorded a few antics on the pre through precorder and love it.

The quality is surprisingly good.... I don't mind taking pictures with my phone because they don't look like the regular craptastic cell phone picture. They look really nice, especially if it is sunny out.

In short, I am very excited
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    YAY Im excited! Im using precorder now, which works 95% of the time but it will be nice to have an "official" supported video recorder.

For the whiners who say "who cares/carry a real camera/ill never use it" - - why do you even respond to the thread? If you dont care, you dont care, we dont care, that you dont care - are you just trying to instigate? You shouldnt be so petty in life that people wanting a video recorder, that was promised in the beginning,to come out, that you have to whine/complain about us talking about it. seriously, there are more important topics in life to put that energy in to.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    its not going to. its going to record at 320X480. there was a review on engadges website around CES time and the lady said it will record at 320X480 with support for higher resolutions coming later
    This is a great resolution for a phone based video recording device.
    Greater resolution will only jack up the file size.
    The reason I want video recording is so I can record the idiots driving, as I cannot stand people who don't know how to drive. I have to document how bad the drivers are and when I get into road rage, I want to have proof of who was at fault. These people need to be exposed!

There are endless reasons I am looking forward to video capture finally.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I am excited for everyone, my previous phone had video recording, never used it, but when it comes and a UFO lands in my backyard, I'll be ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    The reason I want video recording is so I can record the idiots driving, as I cannot stand people who don't know how to drive. I have to document how bad the drivers are and when I get into road rage, I want to have proof of who was at fault. These people need to be exposed!

There are endless reasons I am looking forward to video capture finally.
    Very responsible to record video while driving. What do you do with the videos? Post them online?
    I am interested in lewd video. And spying on others.

Quote Originally Posted by loserdanny View Post
    Very responsible to record video while driving. What do you do with the videos? Post them online?
    I am interested in lewd video. And spying on others.

Actually, I am working on a website dedicated to road rage! I don't know what the problem is, but I'm infatuated with observing other peoples driving and their lack of attention.

It will be nice to have reliable video recording, no offense to Precorder! That has been a great transition to a fully functional video app.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Actually, I am working on a website dedicated to road rage! I don't know what the problem is, but I'm infatuated with observing other peoples driving and their lack of attention.

It will be nice to have reliable video recording, no offense to Precorder! That has been a great transition to a fully functional video app.
    ooohhh crap, lookout other drivers! do you have a URL? (not sure if posting links is ok, but spell it out) Maybe others could upload video too! SUUUUUUUUUHWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

You go girl!!!
    Last edited by loserdanny; 02/09/2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: question about posting url
    Quote Originally Posted by wpavlik2 View Post
    This is a great resolution for a phone based video recording device.
    Greater resolution will only jack up the file size.
    I'd prefer vga but 320x480 is like microscopic on a 1920x1200 monitor like mine. Lol. On TV output it would be ok.
    when does the update come out? anyone know?
    when does the video recorder update come out?
    Quote Originally Posted by deathsarrow View Post
    i'm excited to stop hearing people hear complain about the lack of video recording. I could care less myself.
    exactly!!!!
    I've got a kid and one of the best features on my old treo755p was the video recorder. Yes, I get better quality with my camcorder or the video capture on my still camera, but I don't carry those around all of the time. I'm psyched. Now. . .if we could only get voice record. . .

Yes, the phone has bugs - don't they all? I'm just glad updates are still being made and will be available to me.
    Cant wait for this.....so excited.....been checking updates 3-4 times a day......
    im kinda hoping with the update, they also add the ability to zoom in and zoom out with the camera...is that possible?

i was at an mma event with a few of my buddies and was sitting in the upper bowl. both my friends had iphones and were able to zoom in closer to the cage. meanwhile i had to settle for pictures of two ants fighting inside a distant cage. of course they annoyed me by saying that the pre sucks compared to the iphone. in conclusion, i hate my friends.
    now the pre just needs a thermal imaging camera, then its complete!

Are you the asshat that I had to hit the gas on this morning because you had your phone pressed against the window doing 17 in a 35?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The update is going to be huge on both verizon and sprint networks...as for the video recording i just hope it can be uploaded in the background to facebook also