Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Although I'm very excited to get video recording, I'm just wondering what flaw it will have, or feature it won't have that will make it virtually unusable.

Sorry, but Palms track record of development with the WebOS apps has been less than stellar.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I want this badly. I have been waiting since launch.

it's annoying to hear people saying who cares...
    ... Cause it's a big feature.
    Can't say I'm exited about it. It's a nice added feature that I might use once in a while. Haven't had it on a phone before and never missed it. I also can't see myself uploading video's of my private life to YouTube.
    I'm more looking forward to the app catalog coming out of beta, but that'll be another month.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    On a scale of 1-10 my excitement level is about a 1.

I just checked to see how many videos I took with my Treo 800w. The answer was 1. That 1 was by mistake because I meant to take a still picture of a rare motorcycle and therefore missed the shot.

I am a photography / videography snob and I there is nothing I despise more than when people post crappy quality videos and pictures taken on cell phones.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Although I'm very excited to get video recording, I'm just wondering what flaw it will have, or feature it won't have that will make it virtually unusable.

Sorry, but Palms track record of development with the WebOS apps has been less than stellar.
    pressing a button to record, pressing again to stop. press another icon to edit, press another to upload, what other functions do you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I am a photography / videography snob and I there is nothing I despise more than when people post crappy quality videos and pictures taken on cell phones.
    Well, I'm a netiquette snob and there's nothing... ah nevermind.

Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mullrat View Post
    For the guys that use the old argument of " I use my $x thousand dollar camcorder/camera to take pics", most photographers follow one of the basic rules of photography which is...

the best camera is the camera that you have with you.

yeah I'm looking forward to this one
    +1 on this line of thought. i may not always use it, but it'll be nice to have it when i need it.
    Hope we can make Black and White videos... Probably not since pictures can't be black and white
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    can other phones do it (the upload immediately part)?

and, how excited are you? then, i'll be able to tell you if i'm at the same level you are.
    My old G1 had this feature and I shocked my Iphone friends when I use to upload videos right after I captured them.

Only downside was that it took forever to upload, Im not sure if that was related to my phone signal or it was just regularly slow due to file size.

Cant wait to get this feature on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post

Theres not much they can screw up here....only thing i guess would be poor implementation of the video editing. but meh. I call ppl complaining about the video app when it comes out tho (bad quality, bad editing feature, etc)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    It better do 1080p or palm failed hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    its not going to. its going to record at 320X480. there was a review on engadges website around CES time and the lady said it will record at 320X480 with support for higher resolutions coming later
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    any smatphone in the market does 1080p?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The idea of being a Video/Camera snob is just ridiculous. I carry my Canon 7D about 1% of my life, but I carry my Pre/iPhone 100%. So if the choice is between having a mediocre Vid/Pic vs having nothing at all then I'll gladly take the cellphone shot.

I'm a huge fan of Apple products, but hate that they get awarded with numerous patents of obvious/existing ideas. So I'm absolutely loving that we'll be getting the same onboard video editing system as the iPhone. It's really a great feature for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    any smatphone in the market does 1080p?
    No, but some websites think that you'll see phones later this year that have that capability. But as the previous poster stated, support for higher res will come later. But we all know how the posters around here will be.

First, Palm failed b/c they didn't have video recording. Now that video recording is right around the corner you're seeing posts like "If it doesn't do 1080p out of the box it is a fail"even support for higher res will come later or "Although I'm excited, what feature will it not have or what function will be lacking". You have to be kidding right? Its crap like that which makes me not take serious the stuff people post here.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    It will be nice to see what you are recording! LOL
    Cosign x100
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The idea of being a Video/Camera snob is just ridiculous. I carry my Canon 7D about 1% of my life, but I carry my Pre/iPhone 100%. So if the choice is between having a mediocre Vid/Pic vs having nothing at all then I'll gladly take the cellphone shot.

I'm a huge fan of Apple products, but hate that they get awarded with numerous patents of obvious/existing ideas. So I'm absolutely loving that we'll be getting the same onboard video editing system as the iPhone. It's really a great feature for everyone.
    Ok. That's understandable. But what is one recording on a daily basis that not having this feature on your phone makes it a epic fail? Sure, if there is a robbery in progress and you can record the perp without his/her knowledge, the feature turns out to be handy. But other than the spontaneous happening, why not carry around a decided HD cam or pocket camera?
    -I was joking about the 1080p, just mocking those of us who always seem to expect too much.
    -I was joking about the 1080p, just mocking those of us who always seem to expect too much.
    Oh. I thought that you were being serious. My fault. You just never know on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Oh. I thought that you were being serious. My fault. You just never know on this forum.
    I will implement the /s next time.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast