1.    #1  
    Preware is showing that I have 1 update for Multi Patch. But, when I go to update it or even try to remove it, I get Error Updating: See IPKG Log. When I tap on IPKG Log, this is what it's giving me.

What is the easiest and best way (step-by-step) to remove this patch?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    in WOSQI goto device management>under application tab find patch>check and uninstall
  3.    #3  
    Max, I've tried that and I get an error too.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 233.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for mor details.

Any ideas?
    Have you tried emergency patch removal (EMR) button? So, in WOSQI under tweaks> the button at the bottom left>push. Note that it will remove all your patches (if you have others).

if this doesn't work let me know, I have another idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    Have you tried emergency patch removal (EMR) button? So, in WOSQI under tweaks> the button at the bottom left>push. Note that it will remove all your patches (if you have others).
    Uh thats the EPR button and that will remove every patch!

Ive said this at least 100 times Please post your issues in the Devs official thread.
    Why ask people who dont have direct knowledge of this code?

I am a Dev here as well and I dont have time to search the forum for people having issues w/ my patches and Im sure he doesnt either.
    Im not trying to sound like an A S S but it doesnt make sence to me why wouldnt you go to the source?

Would you buy a new Chevy and take it to a Used car lot for warranty work?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Uh thats the EPR button and that will remove every patch!

Ive said this at least 100 times Please post your issues in the Devs official thread.
    Why ask people who dont have direct knowledge of this code?

I am a Dev here as well and I dont have time to search the forum for people having issues w/ my patches and Im sure he doesnt either.
    Im not trying to sound like an A S S but it doesnt make sence to me why wouldnt you go to the source?

Would you buy a new Chevy and take it to a Used car lot for warranty work?
    Dude. Go easy...he's a newbe (less than 20 post). a lot of people are not savvy enough to figure out where to go in the forum, and that's okay cause people like me (not a developer, but very Pre savvy) are out here to help.

Don't worry dude, we "non-developers" got dis!! :-)

BTW I would take my Chevy to someone who knew how to fix it. That prolly would not be the factory where it was made! think about...

...nice patch BTW
    Dude you got dis huh!

Not good advice telling him to look for EMR!

But thats cool hell never get help this way and will get frustrated and probably start badmouthing the dev and the Pre, and start another "Im leaving the Pre" thread but you got this so its ok.

Im glad you like my patches though! lol

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Dude you got dis huh!

Not good advice telling him to look for EMR!

But thats cool hell never get help this way and will get frustrated and probably start badmouthing the dev and the Pre, and start another "Im leaving the Pre" thread but you got this so its ok.

Im glad you like my patches though! lol
    So, you think that his not smart enough to figure out the 'M' was a typo. Come on dude! it doesn't take a "developer" to figure that out (thank goodness, cause you would be no help).

Again, don't fret, We "non-developers" GOT DIS!!

BTW The fact that he hasn't responded may also mean that he has a life, and doesn't sit in the front computer "developing". LOL...
    (or that he's in another part of the world asleep) think about it...
    Last edited by max.swell; 02/06/2010 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    So, you think that his not smart enough to figure out the 'M' was a typo. Come on dude! it doesn't take a "developer" to figure that out (thank goodness, cause you would be no help).

Again, don't fret, We "non-developers" GOT DIS!!

BTW The fact that he hasn't responded may also mean that he has a life, and doesn't sit in the front computer "developing". LOL...
    (or that he's on the other side of the world asleep) think about it...
    This is exactly why people get confused because they get bad advice. And yes if he goes looking for EMR he will not find it and just get more confused!

Adding to the already confusing amount of bad advice on here is not helping anyone here. I just pointed out that you made a mistake in your reply and was trying to help the OP.

What the hell does him not responding yet have to do with whether or not hes a dev or not?

If it werent for us devs lol then you would be complaining about WebOs being crappy just like the rest of the trolls.

Do me a favor...since you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about devs ( or maybe just me in general) why dont you just remove any patches of mine you have installed!

much appreciated!

Follow the link below.

Dude. Again, relax I'm just pullin your chain.
    I have no chip or anything against you or developers.

...thanks for playin.

BTW my advice is solid, my spellin, not so much!