273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    install mytether
    That's gonna leave a mark! LMFAO!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    HAHAHA R u serious?!?!
    Considering how hard the software approaches are this or the microwave is appealing ... but will probably land me with a replacement fee
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    OK, I was able to novaterm into the off-network device on which I need to wipe -OR- delete sensitive data (I think) while running WebOS Doctor (don't know what version). I get a prompt "root@palm-webos-device:" which I believe means I am in. I also see a chip icon with an arrow pointing to it on the Pre screen.

I know several linux commands: cd, .. and ls commands. Of course will need to figure out delete command if I find anything. Will this sort of delete be sufficient from a data security standpoint. but I don't know where my data (if it is still there) would exist.

Where would my data that I copied to phone by USB be stored ? Any other locations for data ?
    Oops. WebOS Doctor finished and was bumped out of my novaterm session. Does WebOs Doctor wipe my Pre (I guess it does if it is pre-1.2.1). In otherwords am I done wiping ? Used WebOs Doctor with build 148.194 11/16/09 don't see the version number).

rwhitbeys last resort method is too complicated for me to understand I didn't understand his directions on his post and did not understand the Last Resort instructions at WebOS Internals. I am very grateful for his and everyones posts).
    Last edited by liv2surf; 02/05/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    If you're concerned about data on the phone manually run WebOS Doctor 1.2.1 it will erase everything including the USB partition

I think this is what I will try to do since I got webOS Doctor to run all the way through (it is just I don't know what version I used). Will download 1.2.1 from WebOS Internals which has all the previous versions.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Glad I could help. If I ever want to start with a completely clear slate I use the WebOS Dr 1.2.1 and then either update to 1.3.5.1 or do a second Dr to 1.3.5.1 that way everything is gone and on the latest software before apps are put on so there's no issues since the change where they are stored.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12